What will happen to Windows Activation key after Motherboard replacement ?

ajax97
ajax97 Member Posts: 63 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
My motherboard for PH315-52 is going to be replaced.I am worried about my windows and data there in hdd and ssd. What will happen to them?

Best Answer

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    ajax97 said:
    My motherboard for PH315-52 is going to be replaced.I am worried about my windows and data there in hdd and ssd. What will happen to them?
    Data: Backup before sending. It is the standard process for service centers to restore drive to factory - wipes all data. If drive is at fault, it is dumped and a new one put in place (in this case, data is susceptible; service centers generally subcontract to third parties to purge the drives).

Windows 10 key: Don't bother about this. If at all Windows comes back and says windows needs to be activated, just call up Microsoft and they'll validate based on other hardware. But you won't even need to worry about this, service centers handle this case well when they restore to factory.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning ajax97 !

Will it be replaced on the Acer stand?
    If so, the new card will have a new license embargoed.
    The data, on the other hand, are usually completely erased.
    So it must be backed up before sending.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• ajax97
    @MaClane
    It is being replaced under warranty by acer.
    So the data and windows currently in my drive will be erased ?
  • MaClane
    The default is to always reinstall the OEM system and remove everything, as Acer is not responsible for private user data.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• MaClane
    I recommend that you contact support and check.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• MaClane

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Why will you change the motherboard? Can the problem of overheating be solved with substitution and undervolting?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MaClane
    As soon as you check with them, let me know here!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• ajax97
    @egydiocoelho
    @MaClane

Service center engineers messed up my motherboard.... today again they messed up the new one. They said that they will ask acer for System Exchange . Is it possible with acer?
  • MaClane
    In this case, only in direct contact to verify.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    ajax97 said:
    Data: Backup before sending. It is the standard process for service centers to restore drive to factory - wipes all data. If drive is at fault, it is dumped and a new one put in place (in this case, data is susceptible; service centers generally subcontract to third parties to purge the drives).

Windows 10 key: Don't bother about this. If at all Windows comes back and says windows needs to be activated, just call up Microsoft and they'll validate based on other hardware. But you won't even need to worry about this, service centers handle this case well when they restore to factory.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045