Acer swift 1 sf114-31-c1gs not turning on

Safinko
Safinko Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
My acer swift 1 sf114-31-c1gs wont turn on, and it has been charging for more then 12 hours now, the charging light is also white and not red

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Try pressing and holding the power button for 5 seconds to make sure the laptop is completely turned off. Then press the power button again to see if it turns on. If not, remove the charger and turn the laptop over. Look for a pinhole with a battery symbol on the bottom. If a pinhole is found, gently push a paperclip into the hole for about 10 seconds to reset the laptop. Then try to turn it back on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• al1959
    al1959 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have tried this, but unfortunately it didn't work for me, any other help? please!  
  • JackE
    Remove the charger plug. Remove 10 screws and back cover. Unplug the battery connector. Use a multimeter to check battery voltage as shown below. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MattyBoy
    MattyBoy Member Posts: 1 New User
    JackE said:
    Try pressing and holding the power button for 5 seconds to make sure the laptop is completely turned off. Then press the power button again to see if it turns on. If not, remove the charger and turn the laptop over. Look for a pinhole with a battery symbol on the bottom. If a pinhole is found, gently push a paperclip into the hole for about 10 seconds to reset the laptop. Then try to turn it back on again. Jack E/NJ
    JackE, thank you for your instruction which assist with my problem. It worked just as you stated. Thanks heaps. 
  • JackE
    Congrats on your success! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• RS1111
    RS1111 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

I have a Acer swift 1 laptop and it’s stuck on the black and green Acer screen when you first turn it on and won’t load anything else... what should I do?
  • RS1111

Tinkerer

I have tried the battery thing for 10 seconds 
  • JackE
    Press and hold power button till the machine shuts off. Then press and hold the F2 key. Then while still holding F2 key, press the power button to turn the machine on. The BIOS menu should appear. Does the HDD or SSD appear in both the BIOS Information tab and the BIOS Boot tab? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• RS1111

Tinkerer

Basically it’s still a black screen with (Acer) on it and won’t load anything 
  • JackE
    (1) Did you press and hold the F2 BEFORE you pressed the power button without letting go of the F2 key?
    (2) If yes, did this happen suddenly for no apparent reason?
    Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• RS1111

Tinkerer

It happend randomly out of no where 
  • JackE
    Shut the machine off again by pressing and holding the power button for about 5 seconds. Press and hold the ALT+F10 key. Then while still holding the two keys, press the power button to turn the machine back on. Don't let go of the ALT+F10 keys until something different happens. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• RS1111

Tinkerer

All that happens is it says the Acer thing and then goes to a black screen and doesn’t change 
  • JackE
    Sounds like your keyboard somehow got disconnected. When you first turn it on, do you hear any beeps? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• RS1111

Tinkerer

no, no sounds at all
  • JackE
    OK. Try this. Turn it off again. Then press and hold a bunch of random keys down with the palm of one hand. Then turn the machine on. Still no BIOS beeps? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    If it's a keyboard issue then you could plug an external keyboard in to see if the BIOS comes up.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • RS1111

Tinkerer

Still nothing, it comes up with the Acer screen and then goes off it to a black one
  • RS1111

Tinkerer

That’s what happens 
  • JackE
    You could try @billsey 's suggestion by plugging in a USB keyboard. If still no joy, we're gonna have to open up the bottom  cover and check the keyboard connector. Jack E?NJ

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.