Battery Full Capacity loss

epengMD
epengMD Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, I just bought my Acer Predator Helios 300 (i5-9300H RTX 2060 variant) 18 days ago. Im using it for gaming 4-5hours daily with good temp control (not exceeding 67 degrees Celsius for CPU and GPU at max game settings). Im just wondering because the ads says the battery will last for 2-3hrs on surfing and youtube streaming, but my unit is lasting for only 1.5hr even at battery saving mode. I just recently found an option to check battery report using command and I found out that my battery already decreased in max capacity. My starting capacity is 58,027 mWh (based on the main description) but now I only have a full capacity of 56,687mWh? Is this normal for just 18 days?  Thank you for those who will answer and stay safe!

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good evening epengMD !

There is already the error of using the device only on the battery.
    Battery is a resource that should only be used when necessary.
    Otherwise, your lapotp should be viewed as a normal computer, that is, always connected to the power outlet.
    Always using the battery contributes to the decrease of its useful life and prevents the device from reaching maximum performance.
    The duration depends on several factors, among them the main one is the type of use that the user makes of the equipment.

I recommend that you calibrate the battery and avoid using the battery only.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!