Proper SSD 500Go for ACER VERITON L480G

Benwifi
Benwifi Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I need to upgrade performance on my ACER VERITON L480G for use of windows 10 32bits. Any idea?

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

You can also add more ram, but check with cpuz:

In addition, I think you can add a 2.5 "ssd. But you may need to purchase a 3.5" caddy adapter:
    25 ssd para 35 sata adaptador bandeja conversor sas hdd
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓

You can also add more ram, but check with cpuz:

In addition, I think you can add a 2.5 "ssd. But you may need to purchase a 3.5" caddy adapter:
    25 ssd para 35 sata adaptador bandeja conversor sas hdd
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Benwifi
    Thank you for your answer! Tell me, 3.5 adapter caddy aren't they standard on any type of computer of any company. Do I have to find a Acer one?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Any of the 3.5" to 2.5" adapters will work. I'd start with the SSD then add memory if needed and only do the processor last.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Benwifi
    Tell me, in order to get speed and possibilities, can I or shouldn't I re-install Windows 10 from a 32bits version to the 64 bits version.  You already saw my RAM 6Go. My type of system (according to windows menu Start system command) is 32 bit processor X64. I will add SSD for sure and most probably upgrade processor with the help you gave me. but what about the yes and no's of windows 10 32 bits to 64 bits with my configutation? Thank you!
  • Windows x86 accepts a maximum of 4gb of ram. You must install windows x64.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    I believe I will say something here based on my experiences. I have an old PC with 8 GB RAM using UEFI BIOS and another even older PC with 2GB RAM and Legacy BIOS. With these PCs, I have both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 10 on separate SSDs. The reason that I keep 32-bit versions on different PC is that there are some old games and programs that I am still using from time to time. The 2GB RAM PC may run into memory limit sometimes, but most of the time I use it for light duty things and old games that will not hit the limit. The 32-bit Windows 10 on the 8 GB RAM machine is restricted to 3.45 GB, as that is the 32-bit address limit. Though I did not use stop watch to time the programs or process that I used, subjectively speaking, I could hardly tell the difference in performance between the 32-bit versions and the 64-bit versions. It may be just noticeable that the 64-bit version is slightly faster, but definitely not a significant difference.
  • Benwifi
    Many thanks for your thoughts.  I decided to go for the upgrade to Windows 10 64 bits and to be honest I really prefer it. It seems to be faster, not much though. Next month, the SSD job and then the processor if needed. Many thanks again!
  • Benwifi
    Hi my brasilian friend! Tell me, how to I reed the listing here https://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-Intel_(chipsets)/G43_Express.html
    I don't understand how it works in order to find the processor needed for my Veriton L480G. A little comment would be appreciated.  Many thanks for your help!
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited July 2020
    These are the processors that can be compatible with the chipset. but this will also depend on the version of the bios. Can you inform the chipset version?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Benwifi
    Is chipset version and Bios are what you need?  I think they are here...

• these links show the processors that can be compatible with the chipset:
    What is the version of the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Benwifi
    It is written on the print screen I sent to you, a little down in blue. That's all the info I got.  Thank you for your help. Am I wrong?
  • OK! The service guide mentions this:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Benwifi
    I am sorry to get back to you on this again.  I am not a computer man. Please confirm, does that mean that I should replace my processor with  Intel Yorkfield/Wolfdale/Core 2 Quad/Core 2 Duo with 65 watt TDP processors? And where do I go to find out if I have :

1. System Bus (FSB) of 1333/1066/800 Mhz 
    2. Hyper-threadng tchnology CPU

Very kind of you to help a computer blind man in a heavy bush!
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited July 2020

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Benwifi
    I watched this video already. When I saw it again i decided to open the case and see with my eyes for the first time ( I am a first-timer) And I saw exactly what is in the case and on the video.  
    Now, since my computer works fine with 6 Gb RAM SoDimm I will just add an SSD 500 Gb in the near future to replace the hard disk.  If needed after a while (after testing) I will add thermal paste on the processor cause it is to hot right now. Soon I will upgrade the processor. It gives me time to understand what a faster processor is and which faster processor to buy (Ha,Ha,Ha,!) Thanks for your help!
  • You are welcome.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Benwifi
    billsey said:
    Any of the 3.5" to 2.5" adapters will work. I'd start with the SSD then add memory if needed and only do the processor last.
    Yes but what SSD for a Veriton L480G?
  • Have you checked if your model has only sata port 2?

Regarding your question, you can choose any brand.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer