how do I reset my password on my Acer Android tablet??

Angelheart96969
Angelheart96969 Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives

Can anyone please let me know how I can re-set my password on my tablet,  Acer Iconia.  Thanks.  Carol

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Try these steps and see if they work. If they do not, please provide your serial number or the exact model of your android tablet.

1. Power off the tablet.
    2. Press and hold the Volume up button, which is located closest to the touch screen lock switch.
    3. With the Volume up button held, press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds then release it. Continue holding the Volume up button.
    4. Once the tablet screen turns on, release the Volume up button.
    5. On the Select Boot Mode screen, select [SD Image Update Mode]. Use the Volume up and Volume down keys to navigate through the menus and use the Power button to select the desired option.
    6. On the Android system recovery screen, select wipe data/factory reset.
    7. When prompted to Confirm wipe of all user data, select Yes -- delete all user data.
    8. On the Android system recovery screen, select reboot system now. Your data will be erased.
    9. Your tablet will reboot and go to the Welcome screen. Follow the onscreen steps to setup your tablet.
  • Angelheart96969

Thanks so much but  I did not want to reset to factory settings.   It is not backed up and I will lose everything.   Is there a different way to do this??

Thanks

Carol

• Blayn-Acer

Do you know the current password?

• Angelheart96969

yes I do

• Blayn-Acer

Login to the tablet with your password. Click on Settings, then select Security. Click screen lock and confirm your password. Now, click the password option, then choose a new password. 

• Angelheart96969

thanks so much

Carol

• Shkelqahaz21
    Shkelqahaz21 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I need some help;my acer tablet is locked and I cannot open it because first of all I deleted the GBoard and then my Tablet stoped working;then I powerd off tablet but after that I cannot write my password anymore what to do or how can I restart the acer
  • Shkelqahaz21
    Shkelqahaz21 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I need some help;my acer tablet is locked and I cannot open it because first of all I deleted the GBoard and then my Tablet stoped working;then I powerd off tablet but after that I cannot write my password anymore what to do or how can I restart the acer

• Bevandjesse19
    Bevandjesse19 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have tried to hard reset my acer becaause it's stuck on the password screen and it keeps going back to the password screen and doesn't reset
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Use a different device to log into your Google account and reset your password there.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Anglepuppies
    Anglepuppies Member Posts: 1 New User
    How do I get in my tablet if I forget my password?? Thanks Nevaeh
  • billsey
    You can reset your password from your Google account on any machine. As long as your tablet connects to the internet it'll use the new password next time you go to log in.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Byhimself
    Byhimself Member Posts: 1 New User
    Just got the b3-50fhd it's not recognizing the pattern lock and holding volume up and power button does nothing. Help
  • billsey
    Just use a different device to log into your Google account. From there you can reset the password and PIN as needed. Wait a bit for the changes to propagate and try firing up the tablet again. It'll connect to the internet and allow you to log in using the new credentials.
  • tvanapeldoorn
    tvanapeldoorn Member Posts: 1 New User

Login to the tablet with your password. Click on Settings, then select Security. Click screen lock and confirm your password. Now, click the password option, then choose a new password. 

Clearly written, simple and to the point. Worked on my old outdated phone. Excellent!
  • Pariseumeka
    Pariseumeka Member Posts: 2 New User

I know mine but not letting me in 
  • billsey
    You can reset the password by logging into Google on a different device and changing it there. Then wait until your tablet has connected with the internet and use the new password to log in.
  • Pariseumeka
    Pariseumeka Member Posts: 2 New User

I know mine but not letting me in 
    Yes I do know my password