Compatibility between Core2 Quad Q9550 and Acer EG43LMK (CPU 1) on Acer Veriton L480G

Benwifi
Benwifi Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I have ACER VERITON L480G and I want to upgrade processor from Intel Pentium E5800 @ 3.20GHz to Core2 Quad Q9550.
Is it compatible with mother board Acer EG43LMK (CPU 1) ?  No explosions expected ?
Thank you for your help and have a good day!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    No, the E5800 is a Wolfdale-Fm processor and the Q9550 is Yorkfield. They are different generations and use different motherboards.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Benwifi
    Thanks for this answer. I realy need to upgrade my proccessor in order to use windows 10 pro more rapidly. Does that mean that I should exclusively find a Wolfdale-like  processor?
  • Benwifi
    How about a Core 2 Quad CPU Q8400? 
  • billsey
    I tink you have to stick with the E models, but Google Wolfdale-FM to be sure. What other upgrades have you done so far? You really want to be running off a SSD moving on to a processor.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Benwifi
    No I want to upgrade processor and add SSD 500Go. Is my view OK according to your knowledge?
  • billsey
    You can upgrade the processor, but only to another within the same family. There will be no problem upgrading the drive to a SSD. Just clone the existing drive to the new one before trying to put it in.
  • Benwifi
    Thank you for your help!