Spin 713 Stylus?

jhsband84
jhsband84 Member Posts: 1 New User
I'm really interested in the Spin 713 (Model Name: CP713-2W-38P1, Part Number: NX.HQBAA.001).  Does Acer offer a stylus that is compatible? If not, what are our options? Thank you in advance.

Answers

• VB21
    VB21 Member Posts: 2 New User
    CP713 comes with a stylus. 
  • lisalp
    lisalp Member Posts: 1 New User
    I think the CP713-1W comes with a stylus, but the new 2W does not. Talk of an HP universal stylus possibly working, but not in stock anywhere. Has anyone learned the status of this? Stylus model number for 2W not listed on the ACER website, so I am really confused.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    The part number for the Acer stylus is NC.23811.05P, but it's not used on either the CP713-1W or CP713-2W, instead the model that uses it is the CP713-1WN. The N is the key here... I don't believe they are offering a CP713-2WN model, though as always that may change. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MaxA
    MaxA Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm so disappointed! I bought the spin 713 2w hoping that USI pens will be available, but there is none on the market except the HP. I  bought the HP USI pen and it did not work with the spin 713-2w. Now I'm stuck with this Chromebook and I need a touchscreen to write math for my teaching. Why Acer is keeping quiet about this is beyond me.
  • patrickkelly
    patrickkelly Member Posts: 92 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Ask Acer. According to this review, it's USI stylus compatible. Go to 9:15 for the stylus comments.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpYJbO7jHmY

• billsey
    He is obviously reviewing the CP713-2WN since it supports the stylus.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • patrickkelly
    "The ASUS Flip C436, HP x360 14c, HP x360 12b, Lenovo Flex 5, Lenovo Duet, Lenovo 10e, and Acer Spin 713 are all big releases for 2020 that lean on the USI tech to offer users a pen experience. The problem? Up to this point, there have simply been no pens available for anyone to go and buy. Pair that up with the massive Chromebook growth we’ve seen across the board in 2020 and you have a large audience hungry for pens that have simply been non-existent up to this point. It’s been a bit of bad timing, for sure, but it finally seems we’re on the other side of the issue as 3rd-party USI pens have begun to show up here and there, signaling an end to the USI pen drought."
    https://chromeunboxed.com/usi-stylus-pen-chromebook-hands-on

https://youtu.be/0x-ekbCOOIg

• patrickkelly
    NOTICE: When I went to Amazon and looked up the iPlume USI stylus it specifies, "Not for Chrome OS". So, I don't know.
  • TraumaGuy
    TraumaGuy Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    He's obviously not, since the CP713-2WN doesn't seem to exist. The CP713-1WN does, which is the previous model, that has the inbuilt, garaged stylus.
  • patrickkelly
    TraumaGuy said:
    billsey said:
    CP713-2W-5874CP713-2W-5874
    He's obviously not, since the CP713-2WN doesn't seem to exist. The CP713-1WN does, which is the previous model, that has the inbuilt, garaged stylus. 
    I have no idea where billsey came up with C713-2WN or why you think it's important. The original question said nothing about C713-2WN. My Acer Spin 713 is CP713-2W-5874. That's the chromebook ChromeUnboxed was reviewing.
  • patrickkelly
    "The ASUS Flip C436, HP x360 14c, HP x360 12b, Lenovo Flex 5, Lenovo Duet, Lenovo 10e, and Acer Spin 713 are all big releases for 2020 that lean on the USI tech to offer users a pen experience. The problem? Up to this point, there have simply been no pens available for anyone to go and buy. Pair that up with the massive Chromebook growth we’ve seen across the board in 2020 and you have a large audience hungry for pens that have simply been non-existent up to this point. It’s been a bit of bad timing, for sure, but it finally seems we’re on the other side of the issue as 3rd-party USI pens have begun to show up here and there, signaling an end to the USI pen drought."

• TraumaGuy
    TraumaGuy Member Posts: 2 New User

The excerpt above doesnt really help without knowing exactly which model is being referred to.

The 'Acer Spin 713' could mean either the CP713-1WN (Pentium gold, or 8th Gen. I-series processors) which obviously supports a stylus, and in-fact comes with one garaged, or the newer CP713-2W series chromebooks, which do not come with a stylus, and depending on who and what you refer to may not even support USI, or EMR. The acer product website has no mention of either.
  • patrickkelly
    I suppose it could if the 8th Generation processor Acers weren't called Spin 13 and the newer 10th Generation processors called the Spin 713. ChromeUnboxed had just reviewed, and mentioned the lack of USI pens, the Spin 713 in a previous video.

For example:
    "Buy Acer Chromebook Spin 13 Convertible, 8th Gen Intel Core i3-8130U, 13.5" 2256 x 1504 Touchscreen, 4GB LPDDR3, 128GB eMMC, 802.11ac WiFi 5, Backlit Keyboard, Wacom Stylus, Chrome OS, CP713-1WN-37V8: Everything Else - Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases"
    Or"
    "
    Acer Chromebook Spin 713 CP713-2W-5874, 13.5" 2K (2256 x 1504) VertiView IPS Corning Gorilla Glass Touch Display, 10th Gen Intel Core i5-10210U, 8GB DDR4, 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD, Convertible, Backlit KB, Chrome OS"

The original post, ChromeUnboxed, and Amazon use Spin 713 for the new model with the 10th Gen processor.
  • billsey
    The only ones that support the stylus are the ones with the N in the model number. They are all called Spin 713 models, but only some have the stylus capabilities.
  • Dolphin19
    Dolphin19 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello, I have the Acer Spin 713 model #CP713-2W-5874.  This came with a stylus that worked.  But the Filament has fallen out.  I tried to get extra filaments when I purchased the Chromebook last year
    but was told they are not available.  Does anyone know if there is a compatible stylus for this 
    Chromebook model?  Or if there are filaments I can use as a replacement?  Thank you for your help.