Acer Predator 15 G9-593 battery not charging

Beingastan
Beingastan Member Posts: 22 Networker
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Put my laptop on sleep (plugged in) for few hours, came back and saw the power led (orange colour) blinking every 5 seconds with 0% charge. The laptop turns off immediately when I unplug. Tried all methods from the community (hard resetting, uninstalling Microsoft ACPI, poking manual battery reset button using a paper clip) but nothing worked. Read somewhere that maybe the battery is completely dead but the laptop's just 2 years old with 23% battery wear level (checked using HWMoniter, charge level is 0%). I do battery calibrating every month so the wear level isn't totally off. 
I've no clue what to do and I need this laptop very much for my work. Does anyone know what to do here?

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It is very likely that your battery is faulty. Have you tried to disconnect and reconnect the battery from the motherboard?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited June 2020 Answer ✓
    It is very likely that your battery is faulty. Have you tried to disconnect and reconnect the battery from the motherboard?
    I have to agree with egydiocoelho here most likely your battery its not providing the true spec details neither any software is able to detect them the wear percentage showing should still charge to full and show full charge and last at least 1h+ which its really weird the only true way to finr out now its probably with a voltmeter by checking the battery connector itself and the mobo connector 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

Answers

• In this place:

You will see a button similar to this:
    Acer nitro A515-51-78D6 no liga depois de instalar o SSD  Acer
    Place a few layers of electrical tape over the button:
    help with predator 15 g9-593 wont start at all or charge  Acer
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Beingastan
    In this place:

You will see a button similar to this:
    Acer nitro A515-51-78D6 no liga depois de instalar o SSD  Acer
    Place a few layers of electrical tape over the button:
    help with predator 15 g9-593 wont start at all or charge  Acer
    Hello, I saw you suggesting this many times on this forum whenever someone posts about their laptop not turning on. Mine's working fine (i.e. it shows it's plugged in but it's not charging) so will this procedure work for me too? Also, are there any other methods you'd like me to try (I ordered some thermal paste since this involves opening up the whole bottom panel and not just the window to change RAM and storage and, I wanted to get everything done at the same time and open bottom panel as less frequently as I can). Thanks.
  • Yes, I suggest you check that the button next to the ram is being pressed correctly. Can you send a screenshot of the hwinfo64 smartbattery tab? On the thermal paste, you must perform the procedure with the battery disconnected:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Beingastan
    Yes, I suggest you check that the button next to the ram is being pressed correctly. Can you send a screenshot of the hwinfo64 smartbattery tab? On the thermal paste, you must perform the procedure with the battery disconnected:
    Of course! Here-
    I used regularly (every month) calibrate the battery so the wear level shouldn't be too off. Not sure if this is helpful but I noticed the orange light is no longer blinking like before.
    Also, thanks for sharing those videos! :) 
  • Your battery has a 22.2% wear. I suggest you try to calibrate the battery again.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Beingastan
    Your battery has a 22.2% wear. I suggest you try to calibrate the battery again.
    Not sure how I can do that now. I mean my laptop battery isn't charging (which is why I made this post). Only way to turn on the laptop now is by directly plugging it in (shuts down right when I unplug). 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited June 2020 Answer ✓
    I have to agree with egydiocoelho here most likely your battery its not providing the true spec details neither any software is able to detect them the wear percentage showing should still charge to full and show full charge and last at least 1h+ which its really weird the only true way to finr out now its probably with a voltmeter by checking the battery connector itself and the mobo connector 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Beingastan
    Yes. I tried that but it's still not charging. Since I won't be changing the battery anytime soon, I was wondering if it's okay to completely remove the faulty battery. Can I use the laptop without any battery?
  • Some models turn on even when the battery is disconnected. I recommend that you purchase another battery.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Beingastan
    UPDATE: In case it helps anyone in future- the laptop works fine without battery. 
  • OK! However, I do not recommend using the notebook without the battery connected.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Beingastan
    OK! However, I do not recommend using the notebook without the battery connected.
    Why's that?
  • For many reasons:
    a) the motherboard also uses battery power when it is necessary to provide more performance;
    b) when the battery is connected and there is a drop in electricity, the notebook will not suddenly turn off.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Anarky
    Anarky Member Posts: 2 New User
    Put my laptop on sleep (plugged in) for few hours, came back and saw the power led (orange colour) blinking every 5 seconds with 0% charge. The laptop turns off immediately when I unplug. Tried all methods from the community (hard resetting, uninstalling Microsoft ACPI, poking manual battery reset button using a paper clip) but nothing worked. Read somewhere that maybe the battery is completely dead but the laptop's just 2 years old with 23% battery wear level (checked using HWMoniter, charge level is 0%). I do battery calibrating every month so the wear level isn't totally off. 
    I've no clue what to do and I need this laptop very much for my work. Does anyone know what to do here?
    Ok so same thing happened to me last month laptop battry went 85 %wear level dont know how , i have the same model as op, So due to lockdown i was using laptop with the dead battery but my laptop isn't turning on now, this is my go to pc 
  • Anarky
    Anarky Member Posts: 2 New User
    Also can someone help me why my laptop battery wear in 2 years but my samsung laptop battery is still working after 7 years
  • @Anarky What is the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer