Acer nitro 5 overheating with in 2 months usage where as my 3 yr old HP unit still works

13»

Answers

• marko355
    marko355 Member Posts: 4 New User
    One more thing to say about this (sorry, moderator, I can't edit previous post)
    Monitoring of temperature was made trought  Acer Predator Sense 2.01
    I was trying to get  Acer Nitro Sense software trough official update channels - but it dont work because it is supported only for particular models and your OS instalation have to be OEM.
    I found some predator sense software that works, on this forum.  
    Problem is next-   when this model came to market, Nvidia drivers were able to manage fan control  connected with this. Also, fan curve and some other things were different in previous version of nvidia software.  You can't manage nothing trough your GPU software at this moment. 
    Also, i tried MSI Afterburner - software that allows you to create your own fan/temperature curve.  But that also didn't work.
    So, my advice is also to install a version of Predator Sense,  or Nitro Sense if you can find version that is able to install.  But it is pretty hard.
    Here is one more proof after cleaning this.
    Notice also - if software solution even worked - it would change nothing - because in my case - air flow was completly blocked.  So, you have ensure all airways are clean and unblocked.
     Also - don't play games in your bed, puting device on blankets etc. -   I didnt but this still hapens.

So, finaly , advice is - clean your laptop first.  Second part -  if you can't do yourself - go to local store/mainetance and pay someone to do that for you.

• jdouble7
    jdouble7 Member Posts: 1 New User
    GajaN5 said:
    @GOKUL1990 @mehradzf @AhmadZainideen @tonykakkar
    Hi,
    I have a simple solution for the over heating problem.
    The laptop overheating because of the cooling design it's mainly targeting the GPU not the CPU, So you have to do is lower the CPU performance by 20-40%
    according to the temp that you maintain. basically you need the temp around 70 below. So follow the instructions below to lower the temp.
    1. Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power Options -> Edit Plan Settings -> advanced settings 
    2. the select processor power management -> maximum processor state -> plugged in -> change 100 to 80-60.

If this method works put a like and if you have any doubt on this tag me and then reply 
    You are wonderful for posting this, love you, thank you, rock on!
  • Maydayfinisha
    Maydayfinisha Member Posts: 1 New User
    marko355 said:
    Hello everyone...  first, sorry for my english... 

Last few weeks I had problems with my laptop   AN515-51 (nitro5, nvidia1050ti, i5 model)
    I wont tell you - do it yourself  but  you should MAYBE just clean your fans, ventilators.
    I was searching for  fan control software, undervolting how-to  and i was affraid to do that...  
    Also, have to mention, I send laptop to service  in store where I bought it, they didn't take my premium varranty and gave me a bill for nothing, told me that my OS installation is wrong.
    Today  I opened my laptop ,  half disasemble it,  lost my varranty, but I personaly, after bad experience - dont care for varranty anymore.

Before  - laptop ran around 55-60°C on idle   and while gaming temperature show 97°C (i assume that is maximum of sensor, but i think that was more than because i couldn't put hand on metal frame above F1-F12 part of keyboard)
    After-   laptop is at the moment runing on 43°C (while im typing this, i consider it idle state)  and about 65°C  while gaming.
    I consider this  solved in my case

There was NO undervolting needed,  also  NO re-paste with thermal needed.  Everything works like a charm
    But I have to mention few things

Do not  do this if you wanna keep your warranty
    Open and mainetance your hardware on your own risk
    Cleaning fan/ventilator  without disasemble two screws holding it - it wont remove dust - you have to "bend over" both fans  and remove "dust-particle-stick"
    Do not blow into your fans because it could produce electricity and send pulse to the motherboard (if you are doing this - block fan, dont let it spin)
    Be gentle with fan connectors, you can use eyebrow picker, or some tool, do not pull for wires while disconnecting.

also, here is image

Thank you, have a nice day...
    I knew this newbie comment will pop up 😂. But here's the thing pal, cleaning inside the laptop is the first thing we'd love to do if there's overheating issue (if you have old laptop, not new one). And also the people who repasted the thermal paste automatically clean the fan.
    I have done all these suggestions in this post with my an515-52, but i still got 99° C (CPU) , 70° C (GPU) when playing GTA V for an hour. Dont know what im going to do next, but i think it's just fine. 
    And sorry out of topic, i think started since 2017 Acer warranty is not void, if you broke the warranty seal. Try confirming this to Acer tech.
    And last, please dont service your laptop in store you bought. Just put in nearest Acer Service Center.
    Thx
  • Jimster480
    Jimster480 Member Posts: 93 Fixer WiFi Icon
    marko355 said:
    Hello everyone...  first, sorry for my english... 

Last few weeks I had problems with my laptop   AN515-51 (nitro5, nvidia1050ti, i5 model)
    I wont tell you - do it yourself  but  you should MAYBE just clean your fans, ventilators.
    I was searching for  fan control software, undervolting how-to  and i was affraid to do that...  
    Also, have to mention, I send laptop to service  in store where I bought it, they didn't take my premium varranty and gave me a bill for nothing, told me that my OS installation is wrong.
    Today  I opened my laptop ,  half disasemble it,  lost my varranty, but I personaly, after bad experience - dont care for varranty anymore.

Before  - laptop ran around 55-60°C on idle   and while gaming temperature show 97°C (i assume that is maximum of sensor, but i think that was more than because i couldn't put hand on metal frame above F1-F12 part of keyboard)
    After-   laptop is at the moment runing on 43°C (while im typing this, i consider it idle state)  and about 65°C  while gaming.
    I consider this  solved in my case

There was NO undervolting needed,  also  NO re-paste with thermal needed.  Everything works like a charm
    But I have to mention few things

Do not  do this if you wanna keep your warranty
    Open and mainetance your hardware on your own risk
    Cleaning fan/ventilator  without disasemble two screws holding it - it wont remove dust - you have to "bend over" both fans  and remove "dust-particle-stick"
    Do not blow into your fans because it could produce electricity and send pulse to the motherboard (if you are doing this - block fan, dont let it spin)
    Be gentle with fan connectors, you can use eyebrow picker, or some tool, do not pull for wires while disconnecting.

also, here is image

Thank you, have a nice day...
    I knew this newbie comment will pop up 😂. But here's the thing pal, cleaning inside the laptop is the first thing we'd love to do if there's overheating issue (if you have old laptop, not new one). And also the people who repasted the thermal paste automatically clean the fan.
    I have done all these suggestions in this post with my an515-52, but i still got 99° C (CPU) , 70° C (GPU) when playing GTA V for an hour. Dont know what im going to do next, but i think it's just fine. 
    And sorry out of topic, i think started since 2017 Acer warranty is not void, if you broke the warranty seal. Try confirming this to Acer tech.
    And last, please dont service your laptop in store you bought. Just put in nearest Acer Service Center.
    Thx

I think that this is just because you have an Intel model. There is no way to hope that it could be cooled with this inflated TDP and what happens is the system runs it to thermal throttle limit by default all the time. So even if you have better cooling; it will just use more power.

You can also check your fans to make sure they are working. I re-pasted my Ryzen model and the max temp I ever see is 80C with most of the time it staying under 70C or in the 50-60c range.
  • richierich092818
    richierich092818 Member Posts: 1 New User
    best option is to download throttle stop and disable turbo boost and i undervolted same time to -.160 , im running warzone over 60+ fps with 70c and below 
  • kendysg
    kendysg Member Posts: 1 New User
    I find the problem a thermal paste can help but its not the solution.Im replacing my thermal paste, my fan is removed and between the radiator and the fan there was a lot of hidden dust that blocks the passage of air and suddenly instead of 97 degrees in game (csgo) I had between 65 and 77 degrees
  • SiDMerceR7
    SiDMerceR7 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Guys I'm also having a fan issue which is causing heat up of cpu, plz look at my problem : https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/612857/acer-nitro-5-fan-issue/p1?new=1
  • vhfernandes
    vhfernandes Member Posts: 1 New User
    I`ve got a Nitro 5 i5 gtx 1660ti
    I was having problems with high temperatures as well. When playing games, it was hitting 95 degrees C.
    To fix it i just dropped down the CPU usage from 100% to 99% and also selected `Balanced` on NitroSense. That`s all i had to do to drop the temperature from 95C to 65C. Hope it helps someone having the same problem. Take care.

• DeStroX
    DeStroX Member Posts: 1 New User
    OVER HEATING PROBLEM IN   ----   NITRO 5     ------   WHEN  WIFI ON AND  AT THE TIME OF PLAYING     FROM " DOWN RIGHT SIDE OF LAPTOP "
    PLEASE INFORM THE STANDARD TEMPERATURE RANGE OF   "CPU"  AND  "GPU"   FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE WORK   
  • NathanDrakee
    NathanDrakee Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    jdouble7 said:
    GajaN5 said:
    @GOKUL1990 @mehradzf @AhmadZainideen @tonykakkar
    Hi,
    I have a simple solution for the over heating problem.
    The laptop overheating because of the cooling design it's mainly targeting the GPU not the CPU, So you have to do is lower the CPU performance by 20-40%
    according to the temp that you maintain. basically you need the temp around 70 below. So follow the instructions below to lower the temp.
    1. Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power Options -> Edit Plan Settings -> advanced settings 
    2. the select processor power management -> maximum processor state -> plugged in -> change 100 to 80-60.

If this method works put a like and if you have any doubt on this tag me and then reply 
    You are wonderful for posting this, love you, thank you, rock on!
    Whenever I set MPS to 100% while plugged in, I have starters while playing but without that my cpu jumps around 1ghz. Any fixes for that?
  • Sickboy9665
    Sickboy9665 Member Posts: 2 New User
    If that's a model follow this thread
    Fix Acer Nitro 5 Overheating issues

The video tutorial is also available,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhOJ14SsrGM

There are two methods, the first one you might already know but it works. The second one is using the Ryzen controller.

• Sickboy9665
    Sickboy9665 Member Posts: 2 New User
    If that's a model follow this thread
    Fix Acer Nitro 5 Overheating issues

The video tutorial is also available,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhOJ14SsrGM

There are two methods, the first one you might already know but it works. The second one is using the Ryzen controller.

• Phone1995
    Phone1995 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hello,
    I have acer nitro 5 an515-43 with Ryzen 7 3750H + GTX 1650. The laptops overheats a lot even on idle + work with CPU Temps 55-70°C. In gaming it reach up to 98°C. 
    I downloaded the Ryzen controller tools and set the VRM Current (A) to 45. This make the CPU temp to drop a lot, now the temps is going around 48-50 max. The CPU Fan RPM is also decrease to 2800 max. This is pretty good for my work.
    But the CPU max frequency was dropped to 3.0 GHz max the default is 4.0 GHz. Turbo boost is still working. 
    So I created two presets-
    Under Ryzen controller "Power" tab.

1. VRM Current limit 45. (For work) Temps = 48-50
    2. VRM Current limit 50. (For Gaming) Temps = 60-70 max, Fan 4000 RPM max.
    No more over heat, No fps drop. I played like GTA V, watch dogs 2 and get average 60 FPS, even the keyboard area gets cooler.

Others settings not touch.
    Windows power settings not touch.

Hope it helps you guys if you owns Ryzen CPU.
This discussion has been closed.