Acer Nitro AN517-51 not charging when in-game

Pader
Pader Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Okay so I recently got this laptop in a gift. I had a few games on Steam and Epic Games Launcher so i decided to download some. Dead by Daylight ran without any problem, same as Fortnite or Minecraft. When I downloaded Resident Evil 7 and launched it, I noticed that my laptop stopped charging. I went to investigate it. I made sure that everything is connected and there is nothing on the charger's cord way. It still did not work. I restarted my computer and connected the charger to a different output and it started working. When I launched that game again the same problem occured. I did a hard reset on my PC and downloaded Resident Evil 7 again but the same problem happens over and over. (After the hard reset I did not change any battery, cooling system or any settings.) Help me please I tried everything and I don't really know the source of the problem.

Answers

• batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    If this happens with one game only and even after reset, maybe the game messed up the power plan or battery driver, so I wouldn't look for an issue with the laptop...
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• Pader
    Well I recently started experiencing the problem with other games. I'm gonna try to find my guarantee and show my issue to the support in a tech store. Hope it helps because I now need to use battery saving mode and maximum fans.
  • The same problem occurs, when the battery is 100% charged before starting the game?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Pader
    Yes it does, and it doesn't matter how charged it is.
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    You better go to the Service Center and show them how it behaves...
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• There is a battery-related bios update, see:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)