Nitro 5 AN517 keyboard not working D:

BunBun
BunBun Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Okay, so I bought the Acer Nitro 5 laptop on 04/15/2020 and after about a month my Z and S keys stopped working.Now we are in June and it seems my power button to turn the laptop is ALSO not working. The laptop shows as charing when I plug it in if that means anything positive XD I am just really concerned because I work from home and had to take a Leave of Absence from work because the unit won't even turn on! This is frustrating beyond all comparison to NOT be able to work or play any of my video games =/ Does anyone have any tips or something for me? Is it a hardware issue? Q.Q

Best Answer

• MihaiEVO
    MihaiEVO Member Posts: 72 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    It must be a hardware issue since the power button doesn't work and the keyboard is faulty. Send it to warranty ASAP since you have 24 months warranty for the laptop and 12 for the power adapter.

Answers

• BunBun
    BunBun Member Posts: 3 New User
    Almost 24 hours later after leaving it unplugged it STILL won't turn on. Power button still not working to turn on the laptop. 
  • MihaiEVO
    MihaiEVO Member Posts: 72 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    It must be a hardware issue since the power button doesn't work and the keyboard is faulty. Send it to warranty ASAP since you have 24 months warranty for the laptop and 12 for the power adapter.