How to do a fresh installation of windows 10 on my Acer e15 575g?

VenkatesRao
VenkatesRao Member Posts: 5 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, I have been using my laptop for slightly over 3 years now. I have been using AVG Internet Security and AVG Tune Up to run the maintenance for more than a year. Recently AVG Tune Up has been giving me some issues (I can't open any files or folder because it says Windows can't fine "FILE PATH". Please check the location and file name and try again)  I've contacted AVG to  get it sorted out. They have tried reinstallation twice but they ran into some error. 

Fearing that I might have to reset my laptop, I wanted to backup my files through Acer recovery management but I can't get it to start. I tried running it administrator and all j got was the "file path" not found. So I decided to go to the settings and selected the fresh restart under the update and security tab. It was all going fine until while it was restarting several times, there was a message where it said "windows couldn't find one or more components. Please restart to fix this issue" with only one option for me to select which was "ok". I clicked it and it continued doing its work. About 30-40 mins later I saw on the screen it was "undoing changes". Once it has completed undoing the changes, I logged into my account and everything is just as how it was before the fresh restart.

How do I solve this problem? How do I reset my laptop? I really don't mind deleting all my data on it bcs I have a back up. I just want to reset my laptop back to as how it was when I bought it with all the Acer files and programs like the Acer recovery management and all that because when I did the fresh start, it said that I'll have to reinstall all the Acer programs like the recovery manager, Acer jumpstart portal and even intel intel files, windows c++. I'm attaching a picture of the list of some of the files that was asked to be reinstalled if the fresh start was successful.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I would try to reinstall windows by pressing alt + f10 before the acer logo.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• VenkatesRao
    edited June 2020
    I have my Acer E5-575G-58CR with me for 3 years now. I downloaded AVG Tune Up and Internet Security and it was working fine for the past 2 years. But since last week AVG TU as misbehaving so contacted AVG to get it sorted out and I'm still waiting for their response. I wanted to access the Acer Recovery Management to back up my files in case I get a bad news from them asking me to reset my laptop but i can't open the recovery management. i tried running it as admin but all I got was windows cannot find "file path". I have gotten the latest updates from windows. it got updated a couple of hours ago but i want to do a clean installation of windows in my laptop. How do i go about it?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I would try to reinstall windows by pressing alt + f10 before the acer logo.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • VenkatesRao
    Thanks for the help
  • You are welcome.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer