Battery completely dead, laptop slower than usual.

kflemonice
kflemonice Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have an Acer Aspire E15 E5-576G. Weeks ago the battery suddenly died, it had been working fine before and could hold for more than 2 hours. The charging led would be on for about 30 seconds or longer then off if I plug it in. Can't charge it whatsoever, it says "Battery not present". So I guessed I could use it without a battery, but I was wrong. Now I'm experiencing stuttering in games despite having power plan set to maximum performance and everything else. FPS dropped to half of what it was before. It's supposed to be just like before since I always plugged it in, but it's not.
I don't understand how this could happen. Does this series of laptops run worse without an active battery or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Notebook computers often use battery power, even when the power adapter is connected, when more performance is needed.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• How many years ago did you purchase the notebook ?? The lithium battery lasts for about three years. You may have to purchase a new lithium battery.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • kflemonice
    How many years ago did you purchase the notebook ?? The lithium battery lasts for about three years. You may have to purchase a new lithium battery.
    I bought this in 2018. Well the battery is completely dead so yeah I'm buying a new one for sure. One thing I'm very confused about is that the notebook is slower than before the battery broke and that's mainly why I made this thread.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Notebook computers often use battery power, even when the power adapter is connected, when more performance is needed.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• kflemonice
    This is very assuring to hear. Thank you.
  • You are welcome.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer