Ssd/hdd not showing in Boot priority order( SF315-51g)

Dilshan
Dilshan Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

Hi
I was trying to install windows 10 pro on my 240gb ssd. I have one 1Tb wd hdd and one 240gb Wd ssd. Both are not showing in Boot order but are getting detected as in Information tab it shows drives name and serial numbers.
I installed using Rufus through bootable usb stick. The configuration used was gpt partition uefi(non csm) and usb formatted in fat32. Secure boot is disabled.
In Boot priority order :
  1. Windows boot manager(My hdd's number.. I don't know why bcoz I installed windows on my ssd)
  2. Usb drive.
I am using Acer swift 3 Sf315-51g
Bios utility is InsydeH20 Setup Facility 5.0
Bios version is 1.05

Best Answer

Answers

• Dilshan

Tinkerer

Bracket contains Hdd information .. I don't know why bcoz I installed windows in my ssd
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Have you tried booting with only the SSD installed and HDD removed? If you have OS in both drives, the Windows Boot Manager may remember the HDD only.
  • Dilshan

Tinkerer

@brummyfan2 no bro I havent.. I will try that
  • Dilshan

Tinkerer

@brummyfan2 do u think if this is the problem of raid partition.. you can check above attached images
  • brummyfan2
    Yes, it could be, if that's the case, you have to wait for someone else to help you as I have no idea about removing the RAID setup, sorry.
  • Dilshan

Tinkerer

@brummyfan2 thank you removing hdd and then installing worked!!
  • brummyfan2
    Dilshan said:
    @brummyfan2 thank you removing hdd and then installing worked!!
    You are welcome  :) glad it worked for you.
  • I thought it was strange to have received notification of this topic! I received a notification for this topic, without the user having pinged my name with @egydiocoelho and without having posted any replies on that topic. lol.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • KKChong25
    KKChong25 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi I just upgrade my Acer AN515-54 to Kingston 250GB(original) + Samsung 970 Evo Plus + SanDisk Sata SSD 500GB , Total M2 SSD x2,Sata SSD x1... but I only can see the 2nd M2 SSD(Sam.970 Evo Plus) in bios, cant load in windows.. (Even right-click my computer -> manage ), is it cannot use 3 slot as well ?
  • @KKChong25 Ideally, you should create a new topic and add me by placing an @.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)