Predator Orion PO3-600 - Is my CPU temp fine? @MaClane

Markersonee
Markersonee Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited February 15 in 2020 Archives

Hello, I recently purchased the O3-600 with a Core I7 8700 but I have a problem when firing as well as playing games my processor reaches 80.90 ° C. What results in huge fps drops What should I do in such a situation go to the guarantor? 

Or maybe change something into bios?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    80-90C is not unusual when running full blast, things don't shut down until you get past 100C. Which BIOS is installed? The latest (R01-C0) has some performance improvements...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Markersonee

Tinkerer

where can i install the latest could you provide the link or where should I check what my current bios is, I'm sorry I am overwhelmed

• Markersonee

Tinkerer

edited June 2020
    My version bios is R01-B0 @billsey i
  • billsey
    So you are a rev back form the newest one. The description for the latest is "Enhance system performance". :) It's available on the Acer support site, just click on the BIOS tab and download it. You'll need to extract the zip and read the instruction for flashing the new one. Use the Windows method and you should be good.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Markersonee

Tinkerer

edited June 2020
    @billseyI installed this latest bios but it gave a little possible that I installed something wrong because I have bios in this version as the newest version I can't cut wolf games, I can't practically play it, it is sad because it is new and it was expensive 
    I have something to do in bios or nwm something else to install send screen bios?
  • billsey
    Do the game developers have any insight as to why it's not working right? You can contact Acer support but they are just going to want you to send it in for evaluation.
  • Markersonee

Tinkerer

@billseywhat to rate I have something that is strange that I have to play for about 1 hour so that the lags become supple, so that the processor needs to warm up, does it sound like I'm stupid?\\
  • billsey
    If the lags are due to CPU temperatures and you always see them begin at the same or nearly the same temperature, then you should contact services since you are still in warranty. They will likely remove and replace the cooler using new thermal grease. If the lags are after playing for a while and not specific to a temperature then they are more likely caused by the software. You could test that by playing until the issue starts, exit the game (using Task Manager to make sure it is fully shut down) then reenter the game. If the lag is immediate then it's not likely to be the software.
  • Markersonee

Tinkerer

@billseythank you I'll check

• billsey
    Be sure and let me know what you find...