reply to question by laurent 14

woolyhead
woolyhead Member Posts: 21

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi laurent 14. I have looked at my menu pop up and it says, from left to right, e, AUTO, page of typing, loudspeaker, input. I can't send a photo of it as I don't have a camera but I'm sure you will recognise this pop up screen from my description. Will this help you tell me how to adjust contrast?

Comments

• woolyhead

Tinkerer

The question was sent to me by e mail but the reply I gave was not connected and it failed.
  • woolyhead

Tinkerer

How did you get my e mail address, Laurent? We aren't supposed to contact other members direct, are we?
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer
    Hello,
    Firstly I don't know your email address. You have received a notification via email (Acer account) because I posted a message in your topic. About your issue, you should get this OSD menu by pressing key #5:
    As you can see, each key correspond to a function. In your case, you have to press again on the key #5 to get a submenu.
    France
  • woolyhead

Tinkerer

laurent 14, ok and thank you. Now I've understood. Could you perhaps also explain what the modes are and why we need them?  
  • laurent_14
    Hello,
    What do you mean by "the modes"?
    France
  • woolyhead

Tinkerer

Hello,
    What do you mean by "the modes"?
    The monitor's user-handbook refers to modes, laurent 14. I was using that terminology.
  • woolyhead

Tinkerer

But my main question is this: Is there a hierarchy in the instructions to show which functions head which other functions? When I asked about modes I assumed modes were the top heading but I was wrong. So anyway, when for example would I use the shortcut menu and when use the non short cut ones? I find the user handbook difficult to get to grips with. And I don't think I'm the only one. Could you please explain things a little more clearly than the user handbook does? 
  • woolyhead

Tinkerer

woolyhead said:
    But my main question is this: Is there a hierarchy in the instructions to show which functions head which other functions? When I asked about modes I assumed modes were the top heading but I was wrong. So anyway, when for example would I use the shortcut menu and when use the non short cut ones? I find the user handbook difficult to get to grips with. And I don't think I'm the only one. Could you please explain things a little more clearly than the user handbook does? 
    I can illustrate what I mean by this, what might be seen as an obscure question, but I don't know how to attach the picture and its text. Is it possible on this forum?
  • laurent_14
    Hello,
    Yes it is possible with the "attach picture" icon located in the text editor tools:

France
  • woolyhead

Tinkerer

Thanks, laurent 14.
  • woolyhead

Tinkerer

One more question please: would it be safe for me to copy a part of the user handbook and annotate it in order to illustrate my questions? I don't want to run foul of copyright law. But in this case I would be sending the copy to a restricted group of people who have a connection with Acer and not publishing it widely or to make a profit from it. So can I have permission to do it, please?
  • laurent_14
    Hello,
    Yes, you can do it without any problem.
    France
  • woolyhead

Tinkerer

OK, so here we go. Please don't forget the attached is part of a question, or several, not a complaint. Oh dear, I can't seem to attach it. It has a reference, img340, and it opens on command but what do I do next? I can't drag and drop because when I drag it I have no mouse for re opening this page where I'm writing this to you. Help!
  • woolyhead

Tinkerer

I often attach documents, pictures or whatever I have on file to e mails but this time I need a step by step guide to attach img340. Can you help me, please. laurent 14? 
  • woolyhead

Tinkerer

Anyone? I select PICTURE (two mountains and the moon) and try to open an image. I enter the image img number (img 340) but I'm advised that I haven't chosen a file. So I transferred the image to Documents and clicked the mountain icon again. This time I tried to select the name of the file but was told the same thing, "no file chosen." What do I have to do to select a reference file suitable for asking Acer Community a question?
  • woolyhead

Tinkerer

In the hope someone is kind enough to explain the reason why I cannot attach to a post to Community and explain what I have to do, I contacted Acer for permission to copy part of the handbook for my KA240H monitor. I needed to use this attachment to illustrate my questions. But Acer would not give me permission to copy even these parts of the handbook, citing the law of Copyright. So although I have several questions to ask I cannot ask them. 
  • woolyhead

Tinkerer

Hello,
    Hello,

• woolyhead

Tinkerer

Well, laurent 14, that's not what Acer says. Who am I to believe?