ES1-571 NOT TURNING ON

RichPal
RichPal Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have an orange charging light when the charger is plugged in but when I try the power on button I get a quick blue flash from the light beside the charging light-no attempt for laptop to start up.
I have tried the battery reset & left charging overnight but no difference.
Any other ideas please.

Answers

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi @RichPal

1. Unplug the AC power adapter.
    2. Press and hold the Power button down until the unit goes off.
    3. Search for a pinhole on the backside of your laptop, insert a small paperclip in the battery reset pinhole, press and hold it down for 25 seconds. Then release the paperclip and try to turn on the unit and check.
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • RichPal

Tinkerer

Hi thanks for the idea.
    I already tried this and just get a quick blue flash on the light when I try and turn on.
  • RichPal

Tinkerer

I tried opening and disconnecting the battery then tried starting with the charger plugged in-I get the same blue led flash and the fan starts then immediately stops-no further sign of it starting up-any ideas welcome? Thanks
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Do a battery health test then post the results, it sounds like a bad battery

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• RichPal

Tinkerer

Thanks for your reply
    How do you do a battery health test?
    It still wouldn’t start up with the battery disconnected -would this not rule the battery out?
  • andylb
    According to troubleshooting for your model the unit will not start if the battery is bad and your model relies on a combination of AC power and battery.
    read this article to do a battery report  https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/generate-battery-report-windows-10

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    Have you checked if your Power AC Adapter Charger is working and is not damaged? As I've had the same problem and both the Power AC Adapter Charger and battery were shorted out from a 'power brown out' that happened through the night while I was charging the laptop. Try another Power AC Adapter Charger and have both of these components check if they are working 100% as that could be your problem or it could be also that the "Power Block DC Plug" is also damaged and worn out and not working properly. Check all these components thoroughly and let us know if this fixes your problem.
  • Also, can you check these buttons?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RichPal

Tinkerer

Thanks
    Ive ordered a battery so will start from there and keep you posted 😊
    I haven’t measured the voltage from the AC adapter but the charging light was on when plugged in and changed from orange to blue after a while.
  • As you will be opening a notebook, I think it would be interesting to check the buttons above.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • andylb
    RichPal said:
    Thanks
    Ive ordered a battery so will start from there and keep you posted 😊
    I haven’t measured the voltage from the AC adapter but the charging light was on when plugged in and changed from orange to blue after a while.

Keep us posted about the battery, we want to know if that solution works

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• RichPal

Tinkerer

Hi I changed the battery & it’s the same -measured the voltage on the charger & its 19v.
    Ive removed the motherboard & swapped over the rams -still the same.
    When I plug the charger in orange charging light then goes off after an hour or so then when I try to power up a quick flash of the blue light then orange light blinks a few times.
    Ive tried starting with the keyboard out & the fan starts for a second then stops but nothing else powers up.

Thanks for help 
  • RichPal

Tinkerer

• That's why I suggest you check out these buttons. one of them is the power interruption button and must be pressed with some layers of electrical tape:

NOTEBOOK ACER A515-51-66K6 BATERIA CONECTADA MAIS SEM CARREGAR

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RichPal

Tinkerer

Hi I found the two buttons -is the one on the back the battery reset ? Can’t see where your second picture is on the motherboard -do you mean add some tape to keep the button pressed down? Thanks
  • I don't know what the battery reset button is. You should now place a few layers of tape over the power interrupt button and not the battery reset button.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RichPal

Tinkerer

Tried sticking the tape on & re assembling -won’t charge now just 5 orange blinks if the charging light then goes off.
  • RichPal

Tinkerer

Button shown above beside drive 
  • This is the power interrupt button, correct?

Try adding a few more layers of electrical tape until the button is actually pressed and then try to reset the battery.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RichPal

Tinkerer

Tried again tried again with a few more layers of tape & battery reset but still the same orange blinking light when charger plugged in