Acer Nitro 7 AN715-51 776F - strange noise it is from the opposite side of the fans

Answers

• Dragos90
    Dragos90 Member Posts: 30 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    no noise change, I reduced by up to 50%, the noise remains the same.

what can I do if the authorized service in my country said that this noise is normal?

could I somehow get in touch with the acer manufacturer?
  • It is not normal, in my opinion. Are you using the 2004 version of windows? What happens when you reinstall windows by pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dragos90
    yes I use windows 10 with the latest update, I don't think it's because of windows because it makes this noise in the Bios menu
  • Can you still exchange the notebook with the seller?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dragos90
    edited June 2020
    unfortunately I can't change it because under warranty the acer service says it's normal.

I spent 1200 euros on a faulty laptop :(
  • Dragos90
    Do you know a contact address (email) so you can contact the Acer manufacturer? Or you can give me the contact address of the authorized service in your country to ask them for an opinion, I am curious if they also say that it is something normal as those in my country say
  • Contact acer technical support in romania: https://www.acer.com/ac/ro/RO/content/service-contact

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dragos90
    In Romania I received the answer that this noise is normal.

you're from Romania?
  • No! I am Brazilian. I suggest you insist that Acer technical support in Romania evaluate the notebook or even the motherboard. I also suggest that you update the bios to version 1.30. However, I think it is a coil whine.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dragos90
    I sent the laptop to the service acer in Romania twice and each time they said that this noise is normal.

I don't have an update to bios 1.30

• Try updating the bios via the firmware driver:

But it is a risky procedure and I also think it is a coil whine problem. I am almost sure that a bios update will not solve the problem. I would insist several times, until the technical support really checked the motherboard.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• heni87
    heni87 Member Posts: 20 Networker
    I had the exact same issue on my Nitro 5 2019 model AN515-54W2 and I found a rather strange fix for it. I undervolted it using Throttlestop and locked it to base clock both on battery and plugged since I don't use it for  CPU intensive workloads most of the time anyway. Everytime I do a cold restart tho the noise comes back but the moment I open Throttlestop  it immediately goes quiet. I assume it's a design flaw in the VRM or something like that and so far there's no official fix for it via BIOS updates or whatnot from what I've seen.
  • Dragos90
    Try updating the bios via the firmware driver:

But it is a risky procedure and I also think it is a coil whine problem. I am almost sure that a bios update will not solve the problem. I would insist several times, until the technical support really checked the motherboard.
    I made this update, no difference, the same noise

heni87 said:
    I had the exact same issue on my Nitro 5 2019 model AN515-54W2 and I found a rather strange fix for it. I undervolted it using Throttlestop and locked it to base clock both on battery and plugged since I don't use it for  CPU intensive workloads most of the time anyway. Everytime I do a cold restart tho the noise comes back but the moment I open Throttlestop  it immediately goes quiet. I assume it's a design flaw in the VRM or something like that and so far there's no official fix for it via BIOS updates or whatnot from what I've seen.
    I downloaded the program, I disabled turbo and no difference, the noise intensity did not decrease at all
    I don't really know how to use the program
  • heni87
    heni87 Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Dragos90 said:
    Try updating the bios via the firmware driver:

I made this update, no difference, the same noise

heni87 said:
    I downloaded the program, I disabled turbo and no difference, the noise intensity did not decrease at all
    I don't really know how to use the program
    FYI I undervolted mine by -160mv on both cpu and cache try finding the best setting for yours idk play around power/performance settings in both windows and nitrosense as well
  • Is the problem still going on?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dragos90
    yes, the problem continues, no change in noise :( 
  • What I can suggest is that you disconnect the touchpad and the battery, as long as it does not break the warranty:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dragos90
    at the moment I don't want to open the laptop because I have an open complaint to the store where I bought the laptop and to the ACER authorized service, I am waiting for the answer of the law officials from my country
  • Everything OK my friend.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dragos90
    thank you very much for all the advice you gave me, I really appreciate that you stayed here and helped me in finding solutions, when news appears or I come back with information :)
This discussion has been closed.