My ACER Nitro 5 is tripping the home internet every 30 mins

footballhead0
footballhead0 Member Posts: 8 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, I have a new ACER Nitro 5 AN517 17.3" Gaming Laptop - Intel® Core™ i7, RTX 2060, 256 GB SSD and it is tripping the home internet every 30 min. It donesn't matter if it is wifi or wired. has anyone else had this problem, can anyone help please?

Dave

Answers

• Does this problem occur only on your home network? can you inform the model of the wireless network card?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • footballhead0
    edited June 2020
    I have only ever used it at home. If I leave it switched off the internet doesn't cut out, but when I'm using it every 30 min everyone losses connection, WiFi, ether net and phones. 
  • You have a wireless network card. Try updating the driver here: https://www.intel.com.br/content/www/br/pt/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html
    Then, access the router and disable WMM and also enter the password in WPA2 only.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • footballhead0
    The intel updated was great and I've passed it on to my kids, thanks. My router does't have the WMM feature. The updates have made a small difference, the drop outs aren't as bad but are still happening. Also I forgot to add the internet drops when i first start the laptop as well.
  • it is very likely that your router has this feature:
    Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 Screenshot WMM

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• footballhead0
    No, I've looked for that as well, i don't have it. I'm on Vodafone and this is my router. 
  • OK! After updating the wireless network card driver, does the problem still persist?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• footballhead0
    Yes, I still have the same problem.  :/ It's not going away.
  • Is there a function called QoS on the router? If so, try disabling it.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• footballhead0
    I've looked, it doesn't have anything ike that. 
  • If there is a program called "killer network" and an antivirus, uninstall them.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• footballhead0
    Hi,  I'm using Windows AntiVirus and I don't have any of the programs mentioned. 
  • What happens when you disable power management for the wireless network card in the device manager?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• footballhead0
    Thanks, but that is already off.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer