Acer laptop slow when new ram added.

Zeethe
Zeethe Member Posts: 20

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
First time posting so not sure if this is the right place but here it goes.
Today I tried to install a Samsung 4GB DDR4 PC4-21300 4GB DDR4 PC4-21300 ram stick into the empty slot of my Aspire A515-43 but the laptop did not show any added ram and began to run significantly slower. So I removed the ram stick and now it runs fine.The reviews of this ram specifically mention the Aspire A515-43 and how much better it preforms because of it. What's going on here? Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• Can you send some pictures of the configurations of the two rams memories, using cpuz?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Zeethe

Tinkerer

edited June 2020
    Can you send some pictures of the configurations of the two rams memories, using cpuz?
    Sorry but what is cpuz?
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Zeethe

Tinkerer

edited June 2020
    Ok I've downloaded it what do I do with it? Sorry haven`t used anything like this before
  • Send some screenshots:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Zeethe

Tinkerer

Ok here it is.
  • Zeethe

Tinkerer

Second one SPD
  • On the spd tab, can you send a screenshot of slot 2?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Zeethe

Tinkerer

Slot 2 is completely empty
  • Zeethe

Tinkerer

edited June 2020
    Ok so I switched the original ram and the new one places and now they read and it dosent seem to be slowing down. Yet when I check drives and devices it says that there is only 2.21GB free of 118GB. Does this help?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited June 2020
    Did you send this screenshot when the two rams were installed?

Does the bios detect 8gb of ram in the information tab? What is the version bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Zeethe

Tinkerer

Here`s one with both rams installed. What is bios?
  • Both memories are working at the same speed and cas latency and with dual channel enabled. Have you tried running the memory test on windows? Does the same problem occur when resetting the battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Zeethe

Tinkerer

The memory test showed no issues and the battery reset doesn't seemed to have done anything
  • What I realized is that when the two ram memories are installed, the frequency of the north bridge is less. Is the notebook in high performance?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Zeethe

Tinkerer

How would I be able to find that info?
  • Check the power options:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Zeethe

Tinkerer

It was in balanced.
  • Put on high performance and then go to the cpuz again.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Zeethe

Tinkerer

Ok here is what it looks like now