Acer Nitro 7 Charger is getting too hot literally it is untouchable

Pruthvirajsinh
Pruthvirajsinh Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2022 in Nitro Gaming
I bought Acer Nitro 7 two weeks back.  It is a brand new laptop but while playing games on plug-in, I observe that the charger is getting too hot. I mean literally it is untouchable. Looks like more than 90* Celcius or so. It takes more than 15 to 20 mins to cooldown in Air condition running on 27* Celcius. 
Is it something normal and happening to everyone? I am also having another Dell laptop but in that, the Charger is not getting hot like the Acer. 
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Can you provide the exact model? Example AN715-51-58VH. Now, is your adapter 135w or 180w?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Can you provide the exact model? Example AN715-51-58VH. Now, is your adapter 135w or 180w?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JesseShannon
    JesseShannon Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited June 2020
    mine has the same problem... the upper left corner where the WASD keys are is so hot that I have hard time gaming because my fingers are burning.
    Help?
    my model is Acer Aspire 7 A715 74G
  • Pruthvirajsinh

Tinkerer

My model no. is NH.Q5HSI.008 - https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/model/NH.Q5HSI.008 and charger is of 180W

• Pruthvirajsinh

Tinkerer

My model no. is NH.Q5HSI.008 - https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/model/NH.Q5HSI.008 and charger is of 180W
  • Pruthvirajsinh

Tinkerer

mine has the same problem... the upper left corner where the WASD keys are is so hot that I have hard time gaming because my fingers are burning.
    Help?
    my model is Acer Aspire 7 A715 74G
    Probably because of insufficient ventilation.  Here is what I did and solved the problem of overheating the keyboard and other surfaces. 
    1. I put the laptop on two supports where the bottom and side panels keep open for air circulation. 
    2. I put an alarm of 1hr while playing the game. As soon as 1 hr gets over - I pause the game - switch to NitroSense and start the fan with maximum speed. I tried to bring the temperature back to <40 degrees before starting the new session. 
    3. Clean Air vents and other areas regularly for dust and other things that block the air circulation. 
    4. Never - Never place a laptop of soft surfaces like a bed, pillow, sofa, or Lap. Always use hard surfaces because laptops do have a facility of rubber pads at the bottom which can help in air circulation but it seems not enough. So put the laptop somewhere where the bottom and sideways have a gap of almost 8 inches to let the air rotate. 
    5. I used external keyboard and mouse while playing - that gives me advantage of keeping my laptop away (under the AC or ceiling Fans) 
    6. Turn off the backlights or other applications while playing. 
  • @Pruthvirajsinh I suggest that you accept your own answer.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• I suggest that you accept your own answer. If you want to adjust the temperatures, see this table:
    an715-51

a715-74g

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Pruthvirajsinh

Tinkerer

I suggest that you accept your own answer. If you want to adjust the temperatures, see this table:
    an715-51

a715-74g

Probably my bad if I am was not able to convey my question properly. Sorry. 

I know ways to keep my laptop under recommended temperature but the problem is with my charger unit... 

Laptop is completely under control but the charger is keep getting very very hot despite of my many efforts..  seems  nothing of above working with charger.. 

Is it obvious that everyone is facing the same heating issues with their chargers as well or is it just me.. ? Will there be any issue in future if I continue using it ? Do you think it might be faulty charge and should ask for a replacement? 

I hope this time I am clear.. 

Note: I have accidentally accepted your previous reply and now there is no way to undo it.. :(
  • It may be a simple question, but have you ever measured the temperature of the power adapter with a thermometer? The power adapter must not overheat and must not burn your hand. I found this adapter working information:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• dcw9284
    dcw9284 Member Posts: 1 New User

How does this answer the hot power supply problem?. I have that same model and my power supply is also hot to the touch.