my acer swift 3 sf314-55G doest not wake from sleep some time.The display donot turn on

nithin6262
nithin6262 Member Posts: 2 New User
sometimes when my system does not wake from sleep and i get a black screen.Does any one know why.It has the latest bios update 1.7 . the only thing i could do is hard switch off the sytsem by pressing power button 10 sec.Does the system need to be sent for service.I just purchased the producut

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    nithin6262

Hi,

Kindly follow the steps below..

Turn on  the computer.

Fix 1: Allow your keyboard and mouse to wake up your PC

Sometimes your computer will not wake up from sleep mode simply because your keyboard or mouse has been prevented from doing so. To allow your keyboard and mouse to wake up your PC:

1. On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key  and R at the same time, then type devmgmt.msc into the box and press Enter.

2. Double-click on Keyboards > your keyboard device.

3. Click Power Management and check the box before Allow this device to wake the computer and then click OK.

4. Repeat this fix on your mouse device(usually under the category of mice and other pointing devices).
    5. Sleep your PC and wake it up later and check if this Windows 10 won t wake from sleep problem gets resolved.

If the comments are helpful, please click on "like"
    If the comments resolve your issue, please click on "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• nithin6262
    nithin6262 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I CANNOT SEE THE OPTION FOR POWER MANAGMENT IN THIS OPTION
  • Civil_Kelly
    Civil_Kelly Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited June 2020
    @Acer-William thanks for your suggestion. I have a similar problem with my almost 2 year old Swift 3. Just started a week or so ago. When I checked my settings as per your instructions above, the box was already checked for "Allow this device to wake the computer". Same for my mouse/mice. Do you have a Fix 2 or any other ideas? Some other people on other forums advising on a similar problem recommended checking and/or changing BIOS settings. 
  • Kimbals
    Kimbals Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Exactly the same issue. No option for Power Management, and laptop will not wake from sleep, just a black screen and laptop needs to be shut down and rebooted.
    Are there any solutions yet?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    @Kimbals could you start a new thread for your issue? Include the full model number. What are you running for an antivirus? Do you have anything plugged into the ports normally?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Hulya
    Hulya Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have experiencing this problem for almost 1 year. I have tried HKEY panel and it worked but then it doesn't. Is there any solution for this problem? I need to turn off and on again every time.