System Reloading

Woodser
Woodser Member Posts: 40 Troubleshooter
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
I heard that it is possible to lose my data in disk D even it is not a system disk when reloading system, since my laptop has went some error. 
Is that true? Will removing the disk D manually help with avoiding data lost? Or will it cause some problem? 
Thanks. I appreciate some answers 

Best Answers

• Woodser
    Answer ✓
    Wha is the exact model of notebook? Example an515-51-75kz. What is the exact error?
    AN515-53
    My laptop was keep repeating the logo page, restaring and not turning on. 
    I tried Alt+F10, but it couldn't boot the safe mode, and below is all the options it displayed. Neither restart BIOS and turning on and off the laptop gives a chance to access safe mode. BIOS still can be displayed, though. 

• Woodser
    Answer ✓
    Did you click open?

Oh wow, the way infront is brighter. How do I operate after click open, I mean how can I copy the documents to another HHD?

Thank you so much.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Make sure d2drecovery is enabled in the bios. Then, press alt + f10 before the Acer logo.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    What are the functions that appear when you click here?

If it doesn't work, check this out:
    a) convert the pendrive to gpt and format it in fat32 like this:

b) then, download the iso only x64 from windows 10 here and choose to save to your computer: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
    c) then, download winrar and extract the iso to the pendrive: https://www.win-rar.com/postdownload.html?&f=winrar-x64-590br.exe&spV=true&subD=true
    d) then, go to the bios and change the sata mode to ahci. Also activate the f12 boot menu and create a password on the setsupervisorpassword to disable secureboot and then press f10 to save and exit.
    e) then, press f12 before the acer logo and choose the pendrive.
    f) when the partitions appear, delete all and install windows.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Yes, but you can use the image as a reference to convert the usb stick to gpt and format it in fat32.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Have you converted the usb stick to gpt and formatted it in fat32? Is the bootmode in uefi?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    You have not converted the usb stick to gpt, see:
    diskpart
    list disk
    sel disk x
    clean
    convert gpt
    create partition primary
    format fs = fat32 quick
    assign

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Type your comment

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Yes, you need to configure the usb stick again.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    OK! Now, is the usb stick recognized in the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    So, you managed to install windows 10, correct?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    So the problem was solved? If the problem is resolved, accept my answer that helped you.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    OK! Have you already created a password on setsupervisorpassword and disable secureboot? Also, is sata mode in ahci or rst with optane?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    I will send a pdf file that explains how to install windows:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    The ideal is to download the windows iso on another computer the usb stick like this:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Before installing windows or deleting partitions, try using the option that repairs windows startup.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Click on troubleshoot and show the options that appear.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Click on repair startup and see if it resolves the problem.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Open an option called a command prompt and type these commands:
    bootrec.exe /fixboot

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    I suggest that you reinstall windows, deleting all partitions. But this procedure will erase the acer recovery partition.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

Answers

• Wha is the exact model of notebook? Example an515-51-75kz. What is the exact error?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Woodser
    Answer ✓
    Wha is the exact model of notebook? Example an515-51-75kz. What is the exact error?
    AN515-53
    My laptop was keep repeating the logo page, restaring and not turning on. 
    I tried Alt+F10, but it couldn't boot the safe mode, and below is all the options it displayed. Neither restart BIOS and turning on and off the laptop gives a chance to access safe mode. BIOS still can be displayed, though. 

• There is an option where the user chooses whether to delete only the partition on which windows is installed. Now, you can go to the command prompt and type the command notepad.exe and save your files to another external drive.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Woodser
    There is an option where the user chooses whether to delete only the partition on which windows is installed. Now, you can go to the command prompt and type the command notepad.exe and save your files to another external drive.
    I tried notepad.exe, but it only boot a blank txt document, am I missing any step?
  • Did you click open?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Woodser
    Answer ✓
    Did you click open?

Oh wow, the way infront is brighter. How do I operate after click open, I mean how can I copy the documents to another HHD?

Thank you so much.
  • just click with the right mouse button and click on copy and then paste.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Woodser
    just click with the right mouse button and click on copy and then paste.
    Thank you so much!! That really worked! I really appreciate it!

While, I copied my D-disk (The one says C in the picture) successfully, but my system-disk is separated into D, boot, and E in the picture, and says I have to format the volume to access those disks. So I have no idea how to approach the data in my original system disk...

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Woodser
    My computer doesn’t show the “Reset” option (probably because the error).
    Besides, I still haven’t get the data in my original system disk (now it is said to be D and E in the picture, but they were part of C when PC was working) which should be about 90G, and I don’t know how to access it. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Make sure d2drecovery is enabled in the bios. Then, press alt + f10 before the Acer logo.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Woodser
    Yes, D2D was already enabled.
  • Did you format the hard drive at some point? Did you back up the operating system?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Woodser
    Did you format the hard drive at some point? Did you back up the operating system?
    I didn’t format the system drive before. And I can’t make back up for the system drive as I did to the HD right now.
  • Can you send me some pictures of the settings that appear when you press alt + f10?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Woodser
    Can you send me some pictures of the settings that appear when you press alt + f10?
    These are all the options, Alt+F10 directly take me to this page and skip the page saying reset.

In this case, am I still being able to reload the system on my own?
  • I would like to know if these functions are showing up for you?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Woodser
    I would like to know if these functions are showing up for you?

No. I just now recognize I didn’t put up the photo on the last post.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓

b) then, download the iso only x64 from windows 10 here and choose to save to your computer: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
    c) then, download winrar and extract the iso to the pendrive: https://www.win-rar.com/postdownload.html?&f=winrar-x64-590br.exe&spV=true&subD=true
    d) then, go to the bios and change the sata mode to ahci. Also activate the f12 boot menu and create a password on the setsupervisorpassword to disable secureboot and then press f10 to save and exit.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Woodser

Just to make sure, is the disk 0 in your picture a system disk or storage disk? My disk 0 seems to be the storage disk... and disk 1 supposed to be the system disk.