Acer Predator Helios 300 Audio Echo? No Sound Enhancements Tab

arosen
arosen Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi,everyone

There is an annoying audio echo whenever I use my headphones. It sounds like everyone i'm listening to on youtube is in a giant empty room. Normally you can fix this by turning off audio enhancements, but there is no audio enhancements tab when I look at speaker properties? This echo is driving me absolutely insane and making listening experiences quite poor. I also noticed the drivers are realtek(r). Is this the right one? Don't most computers have realtek high definition audio, or is this the same thing? 

I'd appreciate any guidance.

Best Answers

• arosen
    Answer ✓
    Found the issue. It was the dang waves maxx audio completely distorting everything. 
  • ltaaa2
    ltaaa2 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
    Type Waves Maxx audio in your search bar. Turn it off unless you have 10 speakers surrounding you.............
  • BrunoFS7
    BrunoFS7 Member Posts: 46 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    That is it boys, I got crazy today. After a W10 update with Realtek, a echo started to be around my earphones. I unistalled drivers, downgraded, used realtek old drivers and everythings else. But no change.

The solution is: keep windows enhancements audio ENABLED, just go to the WAVES software (search for it) and DISABLE THE WAVES NX AUDIO, just keep the Maxxaudio enabled to the sound effects.

That is it guys!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    What is your full helios model number PH31x-xx and your headphone model and number? Have you instead right clicked on the speaker tray icon and checked for the enhancements tab under playback devices there? It should be there. If not, we can check for updated drivers for you particular helios model at this link if you haven't done so already https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers    Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• arosen
    Answer ✓
    Found the issue. It was the dang waves maxx audio completely distorting everything. 
  • JackE
    Good detective work. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Big_Mike
    Big_Mike Member Posts: 2 New User
    I'm having the same issue, how did you fix it?arosen said:
    Hi,everyone

There is an annoying audio echo whenever I use my headphones. It sounds like everyone i'm listening to on youtube is in a giant empty room. Normally you can fix this by turning off audio enhancements, but there is no audio enhancements tab when I look at speaker properties? This echo is driving me absolutely insane and making listening experiences quite poor. I also noticed the drivers are realtek(r). Is this the right one? Don't most computers have realtek high definition audio, or is this the same thing? 

I'd appreciate any guidance.
    I'm having the same problem, how did you fix it?
  • JackE
    arosen  said>>>Found the issue. It was the dang waves maxx audio completely distorting everything. >>>

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ltaaa2
    ltaaa2 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
    Type Waves Maxx audio in your search bar. Turn it off unless you have 10 speakers surrounding you.............
  • touchesPlants
    touchesPlants Member Posts: 1 New User
    OMG!! Thank you!! I've been trying to figure this out for a while and turning off the Waves Maxx audio fixed it!! This was driving me crazy!!
  • BrunoFS7
    BrunoFS7 Member Posts: 46 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    That is it boys, I got crazy today. After a W10 update with Realtek, a echo started to be around my earphones. I unistalled drivers, downgraded, used realtek old drivers and everythings else. But no change.

The solution is: keep windows enhancements audio ENABLED, just go to the WAVES software (search for it) and DISABLE THE WAVES NX AUDIO, just keep the Maxxaudio enabled to the sound effects.

That is it guys!
  • WillTheTitan
    WillTheTitan Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have deleted the Waves Maxxaudio thinking that I could just get rid of the problem this way (as it turned itself back on every Windows update), but instead I am stuck without the ability to fix the echoing. Even worse, I can't figure out how to reinstall it which isn't as straight-forward as it seems. Can anyone provide a link or tell me how I can reinstall it?