X27-P: monitor refresh rate lowers to 87hz max after returning from deep sleep

tonynca
tonynca Member Posts: 9 New User
The issue is that the monitor lowers down to 87hz max refresh rate after returning from deep sleep. I could only fix the issue if I toggle overclock mode on and off. This is pretty annoying. Please fix the issue Acer. There's a bug somewhere that prevents the monitor from running at max refresh rate of 120hz (without OC).

Answers

• tonynca
    I contacted Acer and all they want me to do is send the monitor in. That seems like a waste of time. This is not a per monitor issue. I see others having the same issue. They need to fix some bug in the firmware and just issue a program to update the firmware. Not sure why they want to waste time having this thing be sent in. They have other monitors at their place that they could test.
  • tonynca
    So, I'm still testing this but I think the following solution works for me.

If you're using Nvidia card, try this:

Nvidia CP > Adjust desktop size and position > Scaling > Perform scaling on: GPU

Do this for all your monitors that are connected and see if that works. I just tried this and it seems to hold my settings now.
  • tonynca
    Nevermind, that didn't work. I even tried a Kabel DP 1.4 cable and it still got this problem. Toggling OC mode on and off will fix the issue. I'm pretty sure the issue is somewhere in the firmware of the monitor.
  • tonynca
    Did further testing. The issue only happens if the PC is still on and monitor wakes from sleep. If the PC + monitor are woken from sleep mode the issue does not occur. This leaves me to believe that it is either Nvidia or Microsoft is the issue.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,659 Trailblazer
    That makes perfect sense... Have you tried contact NVIDIA support on the issue yet?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MikeTheDude
    MikeTheDude Member Posts: 2 New User
    I had the exact same issue, but solved it by disabling Deep Sleep for DisplayPort in the monitors system menu.
  • MikeTheDude
    MikeTheDude Member Posts: 2 New User
    I had the exact same issue, but solved it by disabling Deep Sleep for DisplayPort in the monitors system menu.
    However this makes the monitor fan keep going all the time :(

• pete8741
    pete8741 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have that exact issue with my Predator X38. After deep sleep nvidia control panel does only show max 100Hz and i have to go to monitors OSD and select apply and reboot in OC tab. PLS fix this acer. Everything else on this monitor is perfect.