x35 Fan Noise

DrMicro
DrMicro Member Posts: 8 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
I am about to place an order for the Acer Predator x35 after reading extensive reviews and user experiences but am also considering the ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ.  Personally, I like the asthetic of the Acer Predator x35 much more and the overall specs are quite similar given they use the same underlying panel.  The only significant issues that repeatedly came up in my research re: the x35 were the flickering issues (that was also a problem with the PG35VQ but is apparently now fixed via firmware update) and excessive fan noise due to frequent spin ups regardless of monitor use (something the PG35VQ apparently handle better via the fan controller).  My biggest question as I debate whether to pull the trigger on the x35 is whether the fan issues have been addressed with the firmware updates.  I can find no up to date information about this.  If the fan issue with the Acer Predator x35 is ongoing, and is not planned to be addressed/fixed, then I am very likely to go with the ASUS unit instead.  Please let me know the fan issue is or will be addressed (though I am concerned it is not).

Answers

• DrMicro
    More specifically: the fan cycling while monitor is idle.
  • DrMicro
    Guess I have to answer my own question.  Yes the firmware seems to fix the fan cycling issues that were reported initially by users and reviewers, even though that wasn't officially mentioned in the firmware notes.