Have to enable CSM in bios for monitor to work?

STOPchris
STOPchris Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
I just bought a XB253Q GX and the new monitor will not work before booting into Windows. After switching to HDMI, I was using DP, I went into the bios and enabled CSM and the monitor now works with DP before Windows boots. Is there anyway other than this solution to get the monitor to work before booting into Windows? The new CSM setting is causing other issues. I had an Asus monitor prior to this one and never had this issue. I also have another Asus monitor on my other computer and never had this issue. What gives? Is this a "feature" of Acer monitors?

Answers

• STOPchris
    STOPchris Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited May 2020
    So, HDMI does seem to transmit the full featured signal of this monitor, unlike previous 240Hz. This is good, as I can just use HDMI with this monitor. However, I would still like an answer as to why this monitor's displayport will not work in UEFI mode in the bios. Seems pretty much behind the times if you ask me...

EDIT: Scratch this, HDMI doesn't work with Gsync and this monitor... Frustrating, I would hate to return a perfect monitor over this issue, but that seems to be where this is going.