I think my keyboard is screwed, d key and shift hardly works.

2»

Answers

• eminem2ka9
    eminem2ka9 Member Posts: 68 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    In my opinion, the ideal is that you send the notebook to a repair center.
    I would love to but it would have to be sent to the uk, i've already tried to get in contact with them but it's hard to find anything available for my country(ireland), it just says 'invalid country'. I find it so strange as countries you'd think don't exist are on the list, except mine. What do i do about that? lmao.

was using this GB site and the american one have no support either; http://customercare.acer-euro.com/customerselfservice/
  • eminem2ka9
    edited May 2020
    Ok i found an acer site and sent them an email and my country is on the list, finally lol. https://uk.answers.acer.com/app/answers/list 
    How much would a keyboard, front and back bezel, plus a possible sound card fix cost in euros i wonder? hopefully not too much.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I did a search based on aliexpress:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • eminem2ka9
    I did a search based on aliexpress:

I can replace the keyboard myself, however i just have a question and also thanks for being very responsive. I really appreciate it.

My question is the rivets, see this image and the metal looking screws that i highlighted red, are these needed to be removed or is it only the black plastic rivets? https://i.imgur.com/HF1KSwT.png
  • These metal screws are integrated into the keyboard. When you remove the black insulating cover, you will see that you only need to remove the black plastic rivets.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • eminem2ka9
    These metal screws are integrated into the keyboard. When you remove the black insulating cover, you will see that you only need to remove the black plastic rivets.
    Right. My plan is to buy a soldering iron to make it quicker / cleaner, and plastic epoxy so i can restore the rivets after i'm done replacing the keyboard as i've heard it's do-able but keeping it situated is the headache for some. I'll let you know how it goes!
  • Ok! Post the result here.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• eminem2ka9
    edited July 2020
    Ok! Post the result here.
    Okay long time coming but got some good and bad news. good news is the keyboard is got and put in, bad news is i'm not entirely sure how to keep the keyboard 'in', or 'up' in this case. Most keys aren't sticking out as they should be, and some are so much below that they can get stuck and need a wack to get loose again. The keyboard is working fine but typing is a pain because a lot of the time im just pressing the plastic around the keys. I have plastic epoxy here but entirely unsure where to use it. My best guess would be the 'intersections' between the keys, where the rivets once were.. while having the keyboard pressed in, but just the epoxy alone i feel would be so tedious to do. I could use superglue but again.. it's risky. I just want to keys to 'stick out' as they should.Where is the epoxy meant to be used?

Thanks. Here's an image of them flattened.

• There is a video in Portuguese in which the presenter uses a kind of glue. You don't need to understand Portuguese. Note that from 12:20, the presenter applies a glue to keep the keyboard:
    The presenter is changing the model a515-51 keyboard. I think you can use the same collage technique.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• eminem2ka9
    There is a video in Portuguese in which the presenter uses a kind of glue. You don't need to understand Portuguese. Note that from 12:20, the presenter applies a glue to keep the keyboard:
    The presenter is changing the model a515-51 keyboard. I think you can use the same collage technique.
    It looks like he's using a form of epoxy. Unlike mine which has two tubes of resin that you a have to mix together. I ended up gluing shut the tip so i had to throw it away, lol. I also find it risky if it's too strong, and one of the keys get stuck. I couldn't just conveniently apply it like this guy but i'll have to look into getting what he's got.

For the meantime, i tried using superglue and it wasn't strong enough after a few hours. I would like to find something i could easier remove, like superglue. I also tried sticking a folded roll of blue tack under the metal frame to keep it in but again, it just looks silly and bends the motherboard. How about double sided gorilla tape. 
  • Perhaps it would be better to purchase an upper case with the keyboard installed?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer