XB273 max refresh rate option drops after sleep mode

Jay13579
Jay13579 Member Posts: 4 New User
Hi, I've got a brand new Predator XB273. I've set it to 4k 120Hz refresh in the nvidia Control Panel (RTX 2080 GPU)  as well as the Windows Display Settings. It works fine, but after it wakes up from sleep mode, the refresh rate drops by itself, and very noticeably so. The maximum refresh rate that you can select dropped to only 30Hz. Another time it dropped to 82Hz. Higher refresh rate options are no longer available. I restart the PC and then 120Hz comes back as the maximum available refresh rate. Please advise, because it's not right that the refresh rate and the maximum refresh rate option changes itself after the monitor wakes up from sleep mode. Thank you.

Answers

• Jay13579
    sorry forgot to say i am using the DisplayPort cable that came with it
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Is it just the monitor that was sleeping, or did the computer sleep?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jay13579
    Hi Billsey, just the monitor. I found a workaround (as in my later post) where turning off Deep Sleep in the OSD prevents this from happening. However, this creates another issue where the monitor fan will not stop (even overnight), and even when both the PC and monitor are switched off. The only way to stop the fan is to pull the power plug.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Ok, so that narrows it down a bit to either the monitor acting up or the video card not recognizing the monitor has been asleep. Can you check for new drivers for the GPU?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tonynca
    tonynca Member Posts: 9 New User
    I have this same issue with X27-P! When the monitor returns from deep sleep the refresh rate drops to 87hz. I need to toggle overclock mode on and off to fix the issue. This is very very annoying. Acer please fix it.
  • tonynca
    tonynca Member Posts: 9 New User
    Hey,

If you're using Nvidia card, try this:

Nvidia CP > Adjust desktop size and position > Scaling > Perform scaling on: GPU

Do this for all your monitors that is connected and see if that works. I just tried this and it seems to hold my settings now.
  • F1Aussie
    F1Aussie Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    tonynca said:
    Hey,

If you're using Nvidia card, try this:

Nvidia CP > Adjust desktop size and position > Scaling > Perform scaling on: GPU

Do this for all your monitors that is connected and see if that works. I just tried this and it seems to hold my settings now.
    I was all excited when I saw this workaround as I get the same issue on my X38, but alas it did not work for me. Acer seriously need to do something about this. It seems to be widely reported on various forums but Acer have said nothing about it.
  • F1Aussie
    F1Aussie Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    I have reported this issue to Acer tech support as it happens across multiple monitors and LG ones as well that Acer uses. Hopefully they can come up with a solution!!
  • lukasradek
    lukasradek Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have a very similar problem with XB323UGP. After the monitor wakes from sleep, or when my laptop changes display modes (only laptop screen, duplicate, extend,...) the monitor suddenly restricts its gamut. I have to than go to Color settings and switch from Standard gamut and back to restore the full gamut.