Aspire A315-42 Touchpad drivers not working after Windows 10 Upgrade

jnaylor92
jnaylor92 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello all,

I have recently rebuilt my Aspire A315-42 I have installed all of the drivers however my touch pad still does not work. Has anyone else had this issue or know what I need to do to fix it?

The driver page says to install the Serial IO driver first, however there does not seem to be one for the A315-42, the only ones I can find are for Intel and this is an AMD :confused:

Thanks in advance for any help

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    jnaylor92 said:
    Hello all,

I have recently rebuilt my Aspire A315-42 I have installed all of the drivers however my touch pad still does not work. Has anyone else had this issue or know what I need to do to fix it?

The driver page says to install the Serial IO driver first, however there does not seem to be one for the A315-42, the only ones I can find are for Intel and this is an AMD :confused:

Thanks in advance for any help
    Please let us know the reason for updating the drivers.. 

Is that your touchpad stopped working or unable to use the advanced features..?
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Voisce
    Voisce Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited May 2020
    I have the same model and the same problem. I've tried installing Synaptic drivers (and then rolling back to Windows-approved) but that doesn't work. I've tried updating HID device drivers and that doesn't work. I've reinstalled Windows, and nothing.
  • Voisce

Tinkerer

Sorry, I didn't answer your question exactly - It works in basic mode, but with no features - just point/click, no scroll or gestures. It doesn't work at all in advanced mode. The oddest thing is that it worked for a couple days (in advanced) after I updated to the latest BIOS, then stopped working (in advanced).
  • Try pressing fn + f7, just f7 and fn + aly + f7. update the bios for this version:

Correct device manager touchpad information error when hybrid shutdown. 2. Modify touchpad reset timing. Data: 2020/05/11 Version: 1.08 Vendor: Acer Tamanho: 20.0 MB Download

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Voisce

Tinkerer

edited May 2020
    I'm sorry, I actually have the A315-41, which has a different BIOS - I apologize! But other than that, I have the exact same problem as the original post.
  • @Voisce What is the exact of your model? Example AN515-51-75KZ.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • @Voisce You already have the latest bios version. When you press ctrl + s on the bios, does the touchpad function appear?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Voisce

Tinkerer

Yes, and when I switch it to Basic, I can use the touchpad, but no scroll or gestures. When I switch it to Advanced, I can't use it at all.
  • @Voisce Ideally, you should create a new topic. Add me by putting an @. That way, your question will be visible to other users.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Voisce

Tinkerer

Will do! Should I put your @ in the subject line or in the description?
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Voisce

Tinkerer

Try pressing fn + f7, just f7 and fn + aly + f7. update the bios for this version:

Correct device manager touchpad information error when hybrid shutdown. 2. Modify touchpad reset timing. Data: 2020/05/11 Version: 1.08 Vendor: Acer Tamanho: 20.0 MB Download

Thanks!
    It's not the f7 key, I tried that.
    Não é a tecla f7, tentei isso.
    I have BIOS 1.17 from Acer. Should I replace it with version 1.08 that you linked?
    Eu tenho o BIOS 1.17 da Acer. Devo substituí-lo pela versão 1.08 que você vinculou?

• Besacros
    Besacros Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the same problem, I updated the Bios to 1.09 and also the touchpad driver 13.6.12.1.

Also I tried to change the option on the Bios, but I haven't the option "Touchpad", anyone help us?

Thank you in advance and kind regards,
  • Olzh
    Olzh Member Posts: 1 New User
    Go to the device BIOS (F2 key when turned on), on the Main tab, switch the TouchPad item to Advance.

If the item is missing, press the combination CNTRL + S on the MaIN tab.
  • Hyversillyavakis
    Hyversillyavakis Member Posts: 5 New User
    Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this and find a solution?
  • @Hyversillyavakis I advise you to update the bios, see:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer