XB271HU Black screen only Blue LED... :(

Mons
Mons Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
Hi, I've been really happy with my monitor, never any issues and out of nowhere it seems to have just died.... :s
Just a blackscreen with the blue power LED light on, thats it. Tried both DP and HDMI and connected it to two different computers without any success.

There is no "no signal", no splashscreen, nothing, only the blue LED. I cant even turn it on or off on the power button on the front next to the blue LED.

I didnt expect this to happen to a $800 monitor after just 3yrs.... Any ideas?? :'(

Answers

• I don't know what the problem is, but maybe it can help you:

Check here too: 
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/588688/help-troubleshooting-xb271hu-not-turning-on
    Unfortunately I did not find a solution. But perhaps the above scheme can help you.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Mons

Tinkerer

Thanks, but not sure what to do with that scheme?  :/  But thanks anyway for the link to the other forum post, it seems to be similar to mine... unfortunately no solution there.

Now after reading some other posts on this forum it seems im definitely not alone...

Wow, I never had a monitor just die on me before, let alone just after 3yrs and such a premium product. There has to have been some serious problem in manufacturing these and using really bad parts.
     Or is the life expectancy for a monitor nowadays 3 years?  :#

• The diagram shows some problems and what can be done to correct it. I don't know if it will solve the problem, but acer released firmware for this monitor a few years ago.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Mons

Tinkerer

Do you have the change log for the firmware where it says that it makes a black screen suddenly come alive again or why do you think it would help?? 
  • Unfortunately not. But I know that acer released a firmware for this firmware a few years ago.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Mons

Tinkerer

Thanks, but not anything related to  issue with my monitor. Firmware and recall some years ago seems to relate to a Black line down the middle.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    No image on the display, especially missing the slash screen is likely the reason the OSD doesn't do anything, since you can't see it if it is. With the monitoon and in a state where it should be displaying something shine a flashlight at the screen at an angle to see if there are faint images. If so the backlight is bad. If still completely blank then either the display itself has failed or one of the boards. Using egydiocoelho's diagrams a technician should be able to trace it down to a specific board for replacement. It's a tough call for replace/repair but some diagnostics might help with that decision.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Mons

Tinkerer

@billsey thanks,I'll check it. But seems unlikely, if it was the backlight then pushing the power button on the front would turn the monitor on and off, wouldn't it? But it's not doing anything just blue led on.
     I might try to look for some broken monitor on eBay and salvage the boards,  as from reading similar threads on this forum where i also see you have tried your best to help but I have the feeling it's going to  be a pretty bad and costly experience going through Acer and sending stuff back and forth.... 

Do you think it is anything complicated to replace boards myself? Or is it just screws, cables, and stuff that comes off and put back in reverse order? 

And any need to do some service menu settings if I go that route or should it work sort of plug n play (assuming I manage to get parts that work of course)
    Thanks for your thoughts
  • Mons

Tinkerer

Thanks, but not sure what to do with that scheme?  :/  But thanks anyway for the link to the other forum post, it seems to be similar to mine... unfortunately no solution there.

Now after reading some other posts on this forum it seems im definitely not alone...

Wow, I never had a monitor just die on me before, let alone just after 3yrs and such a premium product. There has to have been some serious problem in manufacturing these and using really bad parts.
     Or is the life expectancy for a monitor nowadays 3 years?  :#

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    If it were the backlight pushing the button would turn the monitor on and off, but you wouldn't see anything except the status LED coming on. Servicing a monitor isn't too much worse than servicing a computer, except that it might be less obvious how to tear it apart and more testing is feasible. As those diagnostics guides show you can do various voltage checks to help determine which board has failed, if one has failed. If you don't understand the diagrams you are likely best off consulting a technician though.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.