Acer laptop sometimes hdd0 detects or sometimes not

Varsha
Varsha Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have acer aspire e5 - 575 series laptop. Today morning by mistake it falls from my hand. From then its not working. It show following errror.
Exiting pxe rom.
No bootable device  insert boot disk and press any key

It was just a bad experience as i tried all available options from google but didnt work.

Few months back also i had no boot device error coz of bad arthing conncetion. My laptop was connected to charge and suddent it shut down. That time i tried to switch from ueif to legacy . And it started. But today legacy is not working.

But now when i started my laptop after few hours. I open bios screen. I found something diff. On screen.
Few hours before the hdd0 model name was showing none. But not it was showing my hdd.

So i started my pc again.
It started successfully.
But stuck at login

So i restarted it again.
And not again its showing hdd0 as none.
And again that no bootable device error.

I think my hdd is getting loose.
But because of lovkdown. I am unable to take my lappy at service center. Plz help someone

Answers

• Varsha

Tinkerer

Someone plz suggest. Because of lockdown i am helpless now. 
  • Did you drop the laptop? Have you tried to disconnect and reconnect the hdd?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Varsha

Tinkerer

I got this solution on google. But i havent did hardware assembly before. Thats why i am scared. And yes. Today morning. By mistake my laptop fall from my 
  • Varsha

Tinkerer

I saw the youtube link provided. But do i need to open full body as shows in video? Or just i can open the below small section where hdd is assembled? Actually i am scared because what if i did something wrong...
  • If the notebook has fallen out of your hand, it is very likely that something has been damaged. I suggest you check the hdd and the sata cable connected to the motherboard.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Varsha

Tinkerer

I tried but not understanding much. I tried reseating hdd. But still it shows same error. Plz refer my images. And try to suggest me
  • Varsha

Tinkerer

Image1
  • Varsha

Tinkerer

Image2
  • Varsha

Tinkerer

I just tried by removing and placing hdd. I didnt understand about sata cable
  • Varsha

Tinkerer

Also i didnt feel hdd spinning vibration or sound. Do i need to take my laptop to professional after lockdown? 
  • Varsha

Tinkerer

Please someone suggest.help me
  • When you disconnect the hdd, can you access the bios? Do you have how to test the hdd on another computer? To check if it's working?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Varsha

Tinkerer

Yes i can access the bios. And i dont have another pc right now. 
  • Varsha

Tinkerer

Sorry i didnt tried accessing bios after disconnecting hdd
  • There is a possibility that the hdd was damaged during the fall. When the hdd is connected, does it appear on the information tab of the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Varsha

Tinkerer

The information tab shows hdd0 and hdd2 model name as none
  • Varsha

Tinkerer

The information tab shows hdd0 and hdd1 model name as none
  • This is not good. I really think you should check that the sata cable is connected correctly to the motherboard.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer