Stuck on ACER logo screen

Shane71
Shane71 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I purchased an Acer Swift 3 for my son in January.  It's been working fine up to now, but is now stuck on the Acer logo screen when booting.  I've searched the forums and found similar issues and have tried all of the suggestions but no luck so far.  I have tried resetting the memory via the pinhole in the back.  I've tried getting into the bios as well, but am unable to access the bios.  My son thinks he saw a BSOD when he booted it, but it quickly vanished, then rebooted and stuck on the Acer logo.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Answers

• What is the swift 3 model? Example SF315-51-58VH.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Shane71
    Thanks philetus.  The first Factory REset option pressing ALT F10 doesn't work for me and it still jsut shows the Acer logo screen.  I"ll try to create a bootable USB and try that later today and provide a further update.
  • @Shane71What is the swift 3 model? Example SF315-51-58VH.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Shane71
    egydiocoelho the model number is SF314-41-R2GU
  • Can you access the bios to check if the hdd appears on the information tab?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Shane71
    egydiocoelho Unfortunately I'm unable to access the BIOS at all.  None of the suggestions I have read online to access the BIOS have worked. It seems to freeze before registering any of my key presses.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Shane71
    egydiocoelho  thanks for the suggestion, but I have already tried resetting the memory via the pin hole in the back and it made no difference.  I still cannot get past the ACER logo screen.  For whatever reason, I can't access the bios and am therefore unable to try and troubleshoot or even factory reset the laptop.
  • Is your notebook under warranty? Have you tried to open it to disconnect the hdd or ssd, to check if you can access the bios and even to test the hdd on another notebook?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer