Bluetooth on E5-576-392H

DQ123
DQ123 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello, I have read numerous forums and suggestions but none have worked.  My wife has an ACER E5-576-392H and I cannot get her bluetooth to work...on any device, her Bose' Soundlink Speakers, Sony Wireless Headphones, etc.   They all showed up as "paired", the only option in the sound settings is the realtek speakers, I downloaded the Atheros Bluetooth driver from ACER, ran the troubleshooter, turned the bluetooth off and on, rebooted, checked the drivers for each device...yet the only sound comes out of her speakers.  It is driving me crazy...one would think this would be pretty automatic to connect.   Thanks so much.

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,297 Pathfinder
    @DQ123

Enable the Bluetooth Audio Service

Verify whether the settings for the Bluetooth speaker given below is enabled by default or not. If not, enable it and check if it solves the issue. Follow the steps to enable the Bluetooth Audio Service.

Press Win+X key together and select Control Panel from the list. Select Devices and Printers.

In Devices and Printers, locate the Bluetooth speaker device and right click on the device. Click on Properties and navigate to Services tab.

Select Audio Sink, Hands-free Telephony, and Remote Control and click on Apply.

services

Update Bluetooth Device Driver

To do this, you can use the device manager 

Press Win+R, type devmgmt.msc to open the Device Manager. Expand Bluetooth.

bluetooth

Click on Properties, click on Driver tab.

Click Update Drivers button.

update driver

Click on OK button.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DQ123
    Thank you so much for the quick and thorough reply.  Unfortunately, those methods did not work.  We have Windows 10 (64 bit).  There is also no longer a blue tooth icon on the bottom tray, not that it matters...it didn't help the situation either.  How come ACER or windows makes Bluetooth so difficult...mobile devices connect instantly to both.  Help please. 
  • DQ123
    Thanks again.  Finally both devices populated the “services” tabs you described, I selected them all and it triggered the computer to identify the Bluetooth devices and now they both work.  Have a great weekend and thanks so much for the help.  
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited May 2020
    Great. Accept the answer from colleague @GAMING6698.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)