Switching off

Rudy49
Rudy49 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi
I just got an Aspire 3, and how do you switch it off. I'm new with windows 10, but in W7 you could regulathis on the energy settings page, but here nothing. Pressing the on/off butten does nothing.
How do you do it ?
Rudy

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Just click the Windows start icon in the left tray. Click power button icon. Click shut down. If Windows not responding you can simply press and hold the power button for about 5-6 seconds and the laptop will shut off. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Just click the Windows start icon in the left tray. Click power button icon. Click shut down. If Windows not responding you can simply press and hold the power button for about 5-6 seconds and the laptop will shut off. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Rudy49
    Hi Jack
    Thanks.
    The last one I know, only advisable for emergency use.
    I have been searching on the net and found a solution this morning, the windows button + X, you get than a menu with on the 2 lowest place closing down, I have a Dutch version so in English will have a name meaning this.
    This works perfect, only it is stupid that that option is deleted from the start menu.
    Anyhow, Thanks again.
    Have fun and Stay healty.
    Rudy
  • JackE
    Congrats Rudy! The only downside to Win10 is that you'll wish you were still using Win7.   :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Rudy49
    Yes.
    I even think about adding W7 to my machine so that I have the choice between W7 and W10, I have to think to much with W10, W7 goes more natural to me. And it has some things I miss now already in W10
    Rudy
  • JackE
    I don't even use Windows anymore. All my machines now dual boot by default to LinuxMint Cinnamon 19.3 that's easily set up to have the same look, feel, function & stability of Win7. And I also have full access and edit capabilities to all my files that still remain on the Windows partitions without even booting to Windows anymore.  Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• Rudy49
    I have been thinking about that to, I'm over 70 now and I dont want to relearn everything again,, Windows is a pain, but I'm used to it.
  • JackE
    >>>I dont want to relearn everything again>>>

What's to re-learn? You already know Win7. Heres what Mint desktop looks like. Notice the big differences?   :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ