A315-41 touchpad dead in Advanced, only works in basic mode after Windows 10 upgrade

Voisce
Voisce Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I upgraded to an SSD and reinstalled Windows, making sure to update to the latest BIOS (1.17) and all the latest drivers, but my touchpad only works in basic mode. When I switch to Advanced in the BIOS, the cursor doesn't even appear. If I plug in a USB mouse (in Advanced mode), the cursor appears and I can use that. But when I disconnect the USB mouse, the cursor stays there but the touchpad is useless. I've tried the F7 key and that has no effect, except in Basic mode when it does what it's supposed to.
I've tried installing Synaptics drivers and it says it installs, but has no effect.
Also, the keyboard Fn keys don't seem to be working perfectly. When I set them to "Media" in the BIOS, I can't Alt-F4 out of a program.  Thanks for your assistance!

XXXXXXX (SNID)

Part Number: NX.GY9AA.005

Edited the content to hide sensitive information
Acer-Samuel

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Can you send a picture of the device manager? Also try resetting the battery:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Can you send a picture of the device manager? Also try resetting the battery:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Voisce

Tinkerer

Tomorrow I will try the battery reset and send a pictures of the device manager - one with Basic enabled and one with Advanced enabled.
  • Voisce

Tinkerer

I reset the battery, set the touchpad to Advanced in the BIOS and it worked! Thanks so much for your help! I sure hope this is helpful for someone else.
  • You are welcome.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer