HELP !!! Shutdown When Connected To Internet

JayBee20
JayBee20 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have an Aspire V5-552P-X440 laptop and it randomly shuts down whenever it is connected to the internet.  It doesn't matter if it is WIFI or LAN cable.  We have tried completely wiping the computer and reinstalling windows but it is still having random shutdowns only when connected to the internet.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Try this, Go to Device Manager and double click your network adapter, click Power Management and uncheck "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". Do the same for the Lan.
  • Does the same problem occur when updating drivers?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JayBee20
    philetus said:
    Try this, Go to Device Manager and double click your network adapter, click Power Management and uncheck "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". Do the same for the Lan.
    No luck, Still does the same thing.  Freezes for a few minutes and then black screen and boots up as if you just started the laptop.
  • JayBee20
    Does the same problem occur when updating drivers?
    It does not matter what you are doing.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)