I am a Owner of a Acer Predator G3 and i have some issues with my fan.

DarkDrake
DarkDrake Member Posts: 7 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
My computer fan only starts up once in a while and when it does it is insanely loud. I believe this is the feature of the smart-fan in the BIOS menu, however, when I remove the smart-fan option It will just run continuously on max RPM which is quite loud. is there a way to force my fan to be on continuously at a lower RPM that does not produce as much noise? in the BIOS menu, it does not seem like I have any option outside of toggling smart-fan on and off.

I have tried a few 3rd party programs, however, none of them seems to be able to actually either find the fan or change the speed at which it runs.

the reason this is bothering me now is that I need to record stuff for work/school and the fan randomly starting every 3-5 minutes for 20 seconds messes up my line of thought and is a pain to try and get rid of in editing.

I hope there is a solution to this issue.

thank you for reading.

-DarkDrake

Answers

• What is the exact model? Example Predator G3-710. What is the version bios? It is important that the fans increase or decrease the speed, according to the temperature. Who controls this is the bios.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DarkDrake
    What is the exact model? Example Predator G3-710. What is the version bios? It is important that the fans increase or decrease the speed, according to the temperature. Who controls this is the bios.
    the model is Predator G3-710

as for the bios. i am not sure what version it is. what is the best way to check that? I am not the most tech savvy person in the world sadly.
  • DarkDrake
    quick update. i think i found the version.

• No. Check the bios version here:

R02-BX or r02-ax? 
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DarkDrake
    No. Check the bios version here:

R02-BX or r02-ax? 
    took a screenshto and shared above :)
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DarkDrake
    yes i have. i have checked with multiple Softwares to work out what's going on.

it seems to start when the cpu hits 90-95c and then end when the cpu is back down to roughly 60.

my issue is not that it does this, just that it's insanely loud.

i would much rather be able to have it run constantly at a lower rpm than the burst of 6500 rpm that makes it sound like a rocket.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    I wonder if you have enough dust buildup on the fan to both impede cooling and increase fan noise.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DarkDrake
    billsey said:
    I wonder if you have enough dust buildup on the fan to both impede cooling and increase fan noise.
    that's the first thing i tought about. so before i made this post i cleaned the whole thing out and made sure that was not the issue.
  • Try a power reset. To do this, first access the bios and press f9 to restore and then click shut down and save. Then, disconnect the computer from the electrical outlet and press the power button for 60 seconds. 

egydiocoelho Trailblazer