E5-576G-5762 never ever received a Acer Update since purchase

2»

Answers

• roshanamin
    roshanamin Member Posts: 62 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    edited January 2020
    JackE said:

It sounds more like the spring-loaded safety interlock switch or the battery reset switch are being physically triggered due to a misaligned or loose case cover or loose screws. These spring loaded switches are usually located near the RAM sockets on mainboards and/or below the base cover  pinhole. Jack E/NJ

Upon browsing around the forum, observed this issue seems to be like an epidemic which affects mostly anyone who have opened the back cover for any reason and can say in my case, is present still, though I had screwed back the panel on snugly but can only comment more after I re-open and re-try which will do asap.
  • roshanamin
    As part of the above related issue (I think so, I may be wrong), I am facing another serious issue wherein one fine day my Laptop microphone is not picking up my voice through the inbuilt Mic located just below the Win & Alt key on the body. I tried all troubleshooters and even very gently inserted the Sim eject pin in to the hole taking care to ensure I don't puncture anything on the inside which is non visible from outside. Blew in to it heavily to displace any dust too but no improvement. I have to go like few cms away really close to the mic deliberately for it to pick up my voice, which it does which indicates the mic is not damaged but it's not picking up my voice though I am in a quiet environment and my LT is sitting on my lap. I am at a loss as to what could be the issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    If you can find the spring-loaded interlock, put a few pieces of tape on the inside of the cover so the cover presses harder on the switch. As for the mic, right click on the speaker icon. Click recording device. Click mic. Click level tab. Set mic and its boost sliders to max. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• roshanamin
    Noted regarding the spring-loaded interlock switch. 
    Mic and boost sliders are set to max, still issue persists. I use Ear Trumpet (MS Store), DFX Audio Enhancer (AMAZING must have software for audio playback sound enhancement). There are a hell lot of audio settings with sub tabs to look in to. Acer Harmony, Disabling Sound effects etc. etc. Nothing works to solve this issue. I find audio services not responding and have tried tips from this link https://appuals.com/fix-audio-services-not-responding-windows-10/
    but audio services not responding error shows constantly despite troubleshooting methods advised. 
  • JackE
    Have you tried disabling TrueHarmony? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• roshanamin
    I did it with both options enable as well as disabled, but a no go.
  • JackE
    >>>one fine day my Laptop microphone is not picking up>>>

Do you recall approximately how long ago? If yes, check ControlPanel restore point app to see if an automatic update restore point coincides with that day. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• gseveri07
    gseveri07 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

hey all, I'm also having issues with Care Center not showing any updates.
    Mainly I'm looking for the Alexa update, because I've got an Aspire 5 which was advertised to come with Alexa, but it hasn't come pre-installed... so now I'm confused.
  • JackE
    What's the full ACER Aspire 5 model number A51x-xx? And please show the pre-installed Alexa advertisement link for this particular model. Thanks Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    acer care centre is not effective. check for updates directly from the acer support site by putting in your snid or serial number.
    Page is static since ages. No updates as all. 

Then no updates are needed. Acer Care Center update is for CRITICAL updates only and are rare. Update your Discrete GPU directly from the manufacturer either Nvidia or AMD, most hardware updates are taken care of by Windows update, check your Windows update history. Also check for BIOS updates on your support page. @JackE is correct please try to keep the Topic to one question and if you have another start a new Topic

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• roshanamin
    Answer ✓
    JackE said:
    If you can find the spring-loaded interlock, put a few pieces of tape on the inside of the cover so the cover presses harder on the switch. Jack E/NJ
    It did the trick, never faced a single abrupt shutdown after following as you mentioned above.
  • JackE
    Congrats on your fix. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ