Nitro 5 AN515-52-55QN uefi boot problem

Valkyrie69
Valkyrie69 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
So , after the laptop arrived , i was trying to boot a windows . I knew that legacy mode has been removed from bios and i made a bootable stick with windows 10 x64 bits (FAT32 with partition scheme for uefi) . I tried to switch boot priority but the bios can't see any bootable stick . ( bios-> Insydeh20 ) . After i disabled the secure boot option and i activated the f12 boot menu , still i didn't saw the option to boot from usb. 

After long reserch i gave up and i booted the windows from network using serva . Now i want to know if any bios update will change the way i can boot my windows , or if there is any possible solution to boot from usb .

Answers

• I would rather convert the pendrive to gpt like this:

Then download the iso from windows x64 and copy it to the pendrive and see this file on how to install windows correctly in uefi mode!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Valkyrie69
    Valkyrie69 Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited October 2018
    Already on gpt with this specific format :) . No improvment.

• What is the difficulty you are having exactly? Is the pendrive appearing on "my computer"? If it is not showing up, it is possible that the pendrive is only "letterless"! Did you see the file I sent?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DavidGela
    DavidGela Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2018

I would rather convert the pendrive to gpt like this:

Then download the iso from windows x64 and copy it to the pendrive and see this file on how to install windows correctly in uefi mode!

Hi egydiocoelho,

I have Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52-5336 with Boot-up Linux operating system, I want to remove linux and install windows 10

I have the ISO burned on a pendrive, I have removed the Secure Boot function from the BIOS and I do not see the USB on the screen to select the boot system, only the Linux option appears. I have been looking for the solution and I see that with the Legacy BIOS system there is no problem, but my Acer only allows me the UEFI mode.

The solution you show, is it the same for me?

• Yes! It should work!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DavidGela
    DavidGela Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

thank you.
    I was going crazy. s
    But I do not understand why the BIOS does not have the Boot mode Legacy option...
    Your post has saved me ... it's very well explained
    ...thank you very very much

• Current notebooks are no longer coming with legacy mode! See this link on uefi class 3, which should be the version of bios included in your notebook: https://hothardware.com/news/intel-sunset-legacy-bios-support-2020-favor-uefi-class-3

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Blerim
    Blerim Member Posts: 3 New User
    Please can anyone help me with this problem ? 
    Why my Acer only allow with uefi mode? 
  • omegawave
    omegawave Member Posts: 3 New User
    while flashing use rufus and set it for uefi(non-csm) settings that should solve your issue.
  • Nikolaus
    Nikolaus Member Posts: 1 New User
    DavidGela said:

Hi egydiocoelho,

I have Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52-5336 with Boot-up Linux operating system, I want to remove linux and install windows 10

I have the ISO burned on a pendrive, I have removed the Secure Boot function from the BIOS and I do not see the USB on the screen to select the boot system, only the Linux option appears. I have been looking for the solution and I see that with the Legacy BIOS system there is no problem, but my Acer only allows me the UEFI mode.

Hello, i have me too this problem? What can i do? Thank you!
  • Ideally, you should create a new topic @Nikolaus. Add me by putting an @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Azik5756
    Azik5756 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Use rufus program and convert flash drive mbr to gpt after change system to UEFI - NTFS 
  • pipidog008
    pipidog008 Member Posts: 1 New User
    DavidGela said:

Hi egydiocoelho,

Hi, egydiocoelho,  I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52-R64L, 
    and am trying to boot from a USB stick.but I got the same problem as DavidGela, which Acer only allows me the UEFI mode, and I have upgraded latest the bois, it still  does not show the option to boot from usb.  what can I do to? Do you have any idea for me? 

cheers

• batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Hello, please open a new topic  because when writhing in solved and closed topics you can wait very long for an answer.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• Diaz05
    Diaz05 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

DavidGela said:

Hi egydiocoelho,

Hola David me gustaria instalar linux en dual boot tal vez me podrias ayudar
  • @Diaz05Ideally, you should create a new topic. Add me by putting an @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Raknar2704
    Raknar2704 Member Posts: 1 New User
    So , after the laptop arrived , i was trying to boot a windows . I knew that legacy mode has been removed from bios and i made a bootable stick with windows 10 x64 bits (FAT32 with partition scheme for uefi) . I tried to switch boot priority but the bios can't see any bootable stick . ( bios-> Insydeh20 ) . After i disabled the secure boot option and i activated the f12 boot menu , still i didn't saw the option to boot from usb. 

After long reserch i gave up and i booted the windows from network using serva . Now i want to know if any bios update will change the way i can boot my windows , or if there is any possible solution to boot from usb .
    Tengo un pequeño problema, windows 10 solo se instala en sistema de transferencia de archivos NTFS por otro lado mi ordenador no detecta el discoduro desde la BIOS y despues de elegir el USB como primera opcion, se visualiza en la bios pero al intentar arrancar aparece bloqueado 
  • Raknar2704
    Raknar2704 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hago todo esto, pero para un instalable usb, windows 10 no detecta el sistema fat32 pero si el NTFS, asi que lo hice con ese sistema, el disco duro esta el GPT pero aun así el ordenador no lo detecta y al momento de arrancar el usb aparece un candado y no arranca...