Keep Receiving BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

Halcyonblu
Halcyonblu Member Posts: 4 New User
I really need help with this issue before I go out and buy a $1200 Mac book that will really break the bank. A month or so after I bought my laptop, I started getting the BSOD with the message above and ever since then I just get the screen at least once a day. It's really starting to affect me now that all of my classes will be continuing online and the screen comes right in the middle of exams. I have spoken to Microsoft and tried to get a solution from them as well as factory reset my laptop a couple of times without adding any extra downloads after the final reset. I was told that it may be a hardware issue rather than a software issue considering Microsoft has tried to solve the problem. If someone could help me with this issue it would be greatly appreciated. Also my laptop is only 9 or 10 months old at this time.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Look under Network adapters. There should be a bunch of them, but you can ignore anything that doesn't say Intel Wireless.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Can you take a picture of the blue screen? There are usually more details there other than the error message. I'm guessing you have a faulty driver, but it could be some other app. If you are getting close to the end of warranty you might just go ahead and open a ticket with Acer Support. If we can figure it out without them great, if not it'll likely be a warranty repair.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Halcyonblu
    billsey said:
    Can you take a picture of the blue screen? There are usually more details there other than the error message. I'm guessing you have a faulty driver, but it could be some other app. If you are getting close to the end of warranty you might just go ahead and open a ticket with Acer Support. If we can figure it out without them great, if not it'll likely be a warranty repair.
    I had to wait for it to happen again, I'm hoping it is a quick fix because I think the warranty I have is only for parts which doesn't really do me any good I don't think.
  • billsey
    Ok, the key bit of info there is the actual crash came from netwtw06.sys, right down in the fine print at the bottom. netwtw06.sys is part of the Intel wireless adapter drivers. Go into Device Manager and uninstall the WiFi adapter then reboot. If it's just a corrupted entry in the driver configuration that should fix it as Windows reinstalls the driver after the reboot. If you see the crash again then download the Intel WiFi drivers from the Acer site, again uninstall the WiFi but this time check the little box that removes the driver files. Without rebooting yet install the Acer driver, then reboot after the install has completed. That should fix it if you have an incompatible driver version installed. If you still see the problem, follow the same process, but with the latest driver off the Intel support site. If that doesn't work it's possible the WiFi card itself is bad, which requires opening things up to replace it. If you are still in warranty this is where you contact Acer service... If not let me know and we'll talk about the options.
  • Halcyonblu
    billsey said:
    Ok, the key bit of info there is the actual crash came from netwtw06.sys, right down in the fine print at the bottom. netwtw06.sys is part of the Intel wireless adapter drivers. Go into Device Manager and uninstall the WiFi adapter then reboot. If it's just a corrupted entry in the driver configuration that should fix it as Windows reinstalls the driver after the reboot. If you see the crash again then download the Intel WiFi drivers from the Acer site, again uninstall the WiFi but this time check the little box that removes the driver files. Without rebooting yet install the Acer driver, then reboot after the install has completed. That should fix it if you have an incompatible driver version installed. If you still see the problem, follow the same process, but with the latest driver off the Intel support site. If that doesn't work it's possible the WiFi card itself is bad, which requires opening things up to replace it. If you are still in warranty this is where you contact Acer service... If not let me know and we'll talk about the options.
    This is my device manager screen, I'm not sure where my Wifi adapter is. Would you mind going more into depth on how I can find this?

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Look under Network adapters. There should be a bunch of them, but you can ignore anything that doesn't say Intel Wireless.
  • Halcyonblu
    billsey said:
    It has been a day since I've done what you said and I haven't gotten the blue screen yet. I am hoping that this is what was wrong. Thank you for your help.
  • billsey
    Great! Let us know if anything else crops up.
  • Kalib23
    Kalib23 Member Posts: 1 New User

which one i can uninstall because im always receiving BSOD CAN YOU HELP ME

• billsey

You don't have an Intel wireless adapter, so your issue is different. Please start a new thread for yours, using the Ask a Question button. Include your full model number, usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx, what issue you are seeing and what you have tried so far to fix it.