Fix for Predator Sense failing to open on Windows 10

Answers

• Burigal
    Burigal Member Posts: 30 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited May 2020

@Burigal What is the name of the computer that appears here?

Check this video too:
    https://www.youtube.com/0jYW8XTqGZU

Mine is a Predator PH517-51. Helios 500 - i7-8750H.  System Model: PH517-51-75T7
    Watched video and PS is not in task manager nor is it in the services tab (as described in video)
  • Burigal
    edited May 2020
    egydiocoelho Only purchased refurbished model last week and everything was working fine until a windows update was performed as stated previously and I also downloaded and auto-updated nvidia drivers to install latest drivers.  I have uninstalled the latest windows update (2020-KB4537572 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64) and also reset system to try resolve the issue with PredatorSense.
    Since I have reinstalled PS, it is in start menu but nothing happens when I try select it.  It's not even trying to start up like it is in the video link you tagged to previous post.  At one stage it was doing that, but with other actions undertaken since, it's not even coming up on the screen anymore like it's trying to load like in the video.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Burigal
    edited May 2020

Thanks for the help egydiocoelho, but I have already done that too.  I can install PS, but it just won't start up. Like I said after installation it is in the start menu, but when I click on it nothing happens.  Have also run cmd and all the procedures as outlined about in this and other threads too.  I've done some researching and it appears that nobody has come across this problem on a Helios 500 i7-8750h.  I'm tempted to do a full restoration in an attempt to get PS going again, which is one of main reasons I bought the PH500 so I can play intense games being able to overclock at reasonable temps.

• Is there any antivirus installed? If so, try disabling it!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Burigal
    Is there any antivirus installed? If so, try disabling it!

Yes. Disable it and perform what action next.
  • Burigal
    Is there any antivirus installed? If so, try disabling it!
    I have tried disabling antivirus and then downloading and installing Predator Sense Version: 3.00.3136 from Acer.  Can use APPXBUNDLE file to reinstall it, but can't launch PS from there once reinstalled.  Can't use setup.exe file as I keep getting the same error message, 'Sorry, Your computer is not supported' which is hogwash!!!

• You said on the "system model" tab, that the name PH517-51-75T7 appeared, correct? If so, go to the plugs folder and change the name Predator PH517-51 to PH517-51-75T7 and install.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Burigal
    edited May 2020
    You said on the "system model" tab, that the name PH517-51-75T7 appeared, correct? If so, go to the plugs folder and change the name Predator PH517-51 to PH517-51-75T7 and install.

BINGO!!! We have a winner. Thanks heaps egydiocoelho and daydozer too for both your help in resolving the issue with Predator Sense not working on my Helios 500.  Following your step by step guidance, I was able to get PS up an running again thankfully.  It has a few glitches like fan cuts out completely after switching from Max back to Auto with a delay in restarting fan again from 30 seconds on-wards, as it usually wound back down slowly after switching back previously.  Wasn't able to rename plugs file either unless I ran it as Administrator too!!!

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited May 2020
    Burigal check my thread here this fixes everything from not opening to not installing a fresh install and opening if from the hidden windows apps folder after taking ownership of the folder because ps its a windows app now not normal software

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Burigal
    xapim said:
    Burigal check my thread here this fixes everything from not opening to not installing a fresh install and opening if from the hidden windows apps folder after taking ownership of the folder because ps its a windows app now not normal software
    Yeah thanks xapim, as I also read your attached thread too to help resolve this issue with this painstaking task.  Took a bit to get my head around it, but eventually sort the problem out.  Cheers!!!

• @BurigalGreat. Accept the answer that helped you solve the problem, so that other users can see it.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Burigal
    @BurigalGreat. Accept the answer that helped you solve the problem, so that other users can see it.
    egydiocoelho. How do you accept the answer that helped, so that other users can see it???

• There must be a link with YES or NO.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Burigal
    edited May 2020
    There must be a link with YES or NO.

Please explain on how to do this as I'm new to forums and need guidance. Yes I would like to help other resolve the same issues like you guys have helped me, but need help on doing that to so that others can benefit from it also!!!
  • Check here:
    Assistncia Tcnica destruiu meu PC  Acer Community

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Burigal
    Unbelievable egydiocoelho!!!! Back to the same problem again with Predator Sense no longer working. :( Repeated this process again, but now I can't rename the Predator PH517-51 folder to PH517-51 in the plugs folder as I can't use 'Run As Administrator' to change the folder name (which worked last time).  I can't use 'Run As Administrator' in Explorer period!!!!

• Try uninstalling it here:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Burigal
    Done that too, but it won't uninstall Predator Sense Service egydiocoelho.
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

This discussion has been closed.