VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR ACER Z24-890

StarSeven
StarSeven Member Posts: 2 New User
edited July 2022 in All-In-One PCs
Hi,

I just bought a ACER Z24-890 that comes with a Dedicated Graphics Processor: GeForce MX150 (2GB DDR5 RAM). After exiting from the game, I will get the VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR and the Nvidia driver will be uninstalled (as seen from the Device Manager).

I have tried a few things. Reinstalling and updating the Nvidia driver, run the SFC scan, and run DSIM. However, the moment I play a game and exit the game, I will get the same blue screen error and the Nvidia driver will again be uninstalled. All help appreciated.

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,073 Pathfinder
    edited May 2020
    @StarSeven
    Download DDU(display driver uninstaller) then boot in safe mode,
    Run ddu→select GPU→clean and restart 
    After restart you will boot in normal mode, now disable your antivirus and pause window update

Download and install nvidia software from my link, just click on my link then in browser page click on download 
    After downloading install and restart your laptop

https://www.nvidia.in/content/DriverDownload-March2009/confirmation.php?url=/Windows/445.87/445.87-notebook-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe&lang=in&type=geforcem

After completing all above steps. Open nvidia ssoftware add your game.exe file in 3D settings and set high performance nvidia processor 

Now you can launch your game 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • StarSeven
    StarSeven Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi,

I tried that but its still the same blue screen error after two games.
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,073 Pathfinder
    @StarSeven
    Only, option is reset your window through 
    ALT+F10
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • tapydisuza
    tapydisuza Member Posts: 3 New User

Many gamers reported the BSOD VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR is encountered due to the graphics drivers, so reinstall the graphics drivers might works for you. But if you are still getting the error then try reinstalling your game.

Also try updating the device driver as well as install the latest Windows update. Hope this works for you to fix VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR but if not then perform a clean install.

• kashyap_19
    kashyap_19 Member Posts: 1 New User
    NOTE: THESE STEPS WORKED FOR ME!!    I'M JUST GIVIVNG MY OPINION..... DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

After Performing All Steps Even after Clen Boot if You are Having Same problem

1)Try to install Latest DirextX from oficial Microsoft website and install and see if your problem is Solved 

2) Last is to flash Vram ROM

i) install TechpowerUP CPU-Z and save a BIOS rom in order to flash the same rom if anything goes wrong with downloaded ROM

ii) search for rom in google for your corresponding
          *) Subvendor: 
          *) Device ID : 
       and download the rom. rom size would in KB's or maxmum with in MB

3) Flash the GPU Vrom with NVflash available for Both AMD & Nvidia cards separately (for reference watch a youtube video for flashing rom on GPU/ VRAM)

IF All the above are Not working then there is issue with Motherboard U need to contatct Official authorised Service Center 

If this Worked for you Share this to others!