A315-41G, 1.17 BIOS bootloop

Adefe
Adefe Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello. I updated bios on my A315-41G from 1.15 to latest 1.17 and it bootloops when powered from the battery. It works about 10 secs and reboots. From this state it can only be turned off by battery disconnection (hole on the bottom). 
When powered from PSU, everything works fine. 

Answers

• Access the bios and press f9 to restore and then click save and shut down. Then, reset the battery like this:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Adefe

Tinkerer

Access the bios and press f9 to restore and then click save and shut down. Then, reset the battery like this:
    Nope. I've done exactly what you said right now and It didn't help. 
  • Has a new feature been added to the bios functions? Can you send some screenshots of the bios settings?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Adefe

Tinkerer

Access the bios and press f9 to restore and then click save and shut down. Then, reset the battery like this:
    I found exactlty the same problem as mine. https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/599033/acer-aspire-3-a315-41-constantly-restarting-if-started-without-charger-after-update-to-bios-1-17#latest
    Done everything mentioned at the thread, nothing worked. 
    I am 99.9% sure that it is new bios broblem.
    Maybe, i have to explain the situation more detailed. When i power on the laptop with no charger and go straight to bios it does not reboot while I'm in bios. When the laptop attempts to load the OS the reboots start. If i go to bios straight after another reboot it reboots even while I'm in bios. 
  • Has a new feature been added to the bios functions? Can you send some screenshots of the bios settings?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Adefe

Tinkerer

edited May 2020
    Has a new feature been added to the bios functions? Can you send some screenshots of the bios settings?
    Official Acer website says 
    "1. Add RTC Reset in SCU Item. 2. Improve system hang on PSP."

All my bios settings are default now, except for function key are turned from media keys to function keys (also tried with absolutely default settings, not a single was changed and the result was the same). 
    Here are my bios screenshots:

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Manny]

• Adefe

Tinkerer

Has a new feature been added to the bios functions? Can you send some screenshots of the bios settings?
    Also tried to disable fast boot. Didn't help.
  • disable real time clock reset in bios!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Adefe

Tinkerer

disable real time clock reset in bios!
    Nope. It didn't help. 
  • Disable the real time clock reset in bios and click save and shut down. Then perform the battery reset again:
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Adefe

Tinkerer

Disable the real time clock reset in bios and click save and shut down. Then perform the battery reset again:
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo
    Disabled clock reset, saved, performed battery reset. The problem persists.
  • OK! Disable the real time clock reset, turn off the computer and press the power for 30 seconds.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Adefe

Tinkerer

OK! Disable the real time clock reset, turn off the computer and press the power for 30 seconds.
    Nothing happened after these 30 seconds. Turned on the laptop (after pressing power button for 30secs) without charger - only black screen (backlight is on) and bootloop. Even no Acer logo. 
    Connected the charger and the laptop booted as normal.
    The problem with booting without charger is still present.
  • OK! Access windows and disable fast startup in the power options. Then, change the slot rams memories. If that doesn't work and if you know how to open the notebook, turn off the notebook and disconnect the lition battery and the rtc battery to reset the bios parameters.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Adefe

Tinkerer

OK! Access windows and disable fast startup in the power options. Then, change the slot rams memories. If that doesn't work and if you know how to open the notebook, turn off the notebook and disconnect the lition battery and the rtc battery to reset the bios parameters.
    Disabling windows options didn't help.
    I do not have tools to open the notebook. I reseted bios settings from bios itself and it didn't help.
    Look, everything was fine before bios update. It is obviously something wrong with 1.17 for a315-41g. 
    Guy with the same problem tried to fix the problem by changing the windows settings, but it didn't help. We both have the same laptop and the same bios version. (https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/599033/acer-aspire-3-a315-41-constantly-restarting-if-started-without-charger-after-update-to-bios-1-17#latest)
    How can I contact Acer to tell them that something is wrong with 1.17?

• I have already contacted some moderators. Try to see if changing the slot rams memories, if the problem is solved. it is a procedure that does not breach the warranty:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Adefe

Tinkerer

I have already contacted some moderators. Try to see if changing the slot rams memories, if the problem is solved. it is a procedure that does not breach the warranty:

Sorry, but there a screw on that cap and I don't have a screwdriver with me right now. I'll wait for fixed version of 1.17
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited May 2020
    Make one last try:
    a) disable fastboot in bios;
    b) create a password on the setsupervisorpassword and disable secureboot;
    c) disable real time clock reset again and press f10 to save and exit.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Adefe

Tinkerer

Make one last try:
    a) disable fastboot in bios;
    b) create a password on the setsupervisorpassword and disable secureboot;
    c) disable real time clock reset again and press f10 to save and exit.
    None of it helped.
  • ok! If you are willing to check this out:
    OK! Access windows and disable fast startup in the power options. Then, change the slot rams memories. If that doesn't work and if you know how to open the notebook, turn off the notebook and disconnect the lition battery and the rtc battery to reset the bios parameters.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer