Laptop stuck on Preparing Automatic Repairs loop

jessica1995
jessica1995 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 25 in Legacy Windows
I am not computer savvy so I'll basically just list what happens when I turn my laptop on:

- Acer logo appears 
- Blue screen 
- Back to Acer logo with "Preparing Automatic Repair" 
- Black screen

This has been infintitely looping for 2 days

I've tried:
- Plugging into mains
- Pressing Alt+F10 on power up, which then says "Please wait" then gives me black screen and goes back to beginning
- Pressed F2 on power up to see if D2D recovery is enabled and it is, but Alt+F10 still doesn't make it enter into recovery mode

HELPPPPPP

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    You gotta be quick with the ALT+F10 routine. Completely shut down the machine by pressing and holding the power button for 5 seconds or more. Then turn it back on an ***immediately & simultaneously**** press & hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. Don't wait for any ACER logo to appear cuz by then it's already too late. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Ziane  (1) Why did you try to do a factory reset? (2) What is your ACER model and number? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• tiwari5485
    tiwari5485 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Factory reset didn’t work for me on Acer ES 15
  • mohthoif
    mohthoif Member Posts: 1 New User
    Acer Aspire E1-410
  • JackE
    Re-try an ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset as shown in the video below. Press the ALT+F10 sequence immediately after turning the machine on. Don't  wait for the ACER logo to appear. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ

• Kaniner
    Kaniner Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm stuck in this now.
    I press Alt-F10 at the right time. It says please wait and gives the loading circle dots, but then goes to a black screen and never takes me to the troubleshooting menu. The computer is on but the display is black. 
  • JackE
    Try to HDMI out to a TV screen to see if it's also black. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• NikkiOrito11
    NikkiOrito11 Member Posts: 8 New User
    Kaniner said:
    I'm stuck in this now.
    I press Alt-F10 at the right time. It says please wait and gives the loading circle dots, but then goes to a black screen and never takes me to the troubleshooting menu. The computer is on but the display is black. 
    How did you fix this?
  • Toews
    Toews Member Posts: 3 New User
    I am stuck. Acer Aspire ES153. Tried 3X shut down...Alt + F10 (fast)...5 sec hold down during shut down. Can get the B&W screen that lets me go F8 or F10 but nothing else. Choosing options on F8 ryns me to the loop.
  • Toews
    Returns not ryns. All of my Acer difficulties concern off and on functions where these products appear quite disfunctional. Is there something I am doing wrong?
  • Toews
    Also tried HDMI to TV. "No signal".
  • JackE
    Turn machine off. Then turn it back on and immediately press the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. Make sure the F12 and D2D options are enabled in the BIOS Main tab. Then press F10 to save settings and exit the BIOS menu. Then shut the machine off again. Then turn it back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key to try to enter the system recovery screen again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Naeem12
    Naeem12 Member Posts: 1 New User
    JackE said:
    Turn machine off. Then turn it back on and immediately press the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. Make sure the F12 and D2D options are enabled in the BIOS Main tab. Then press F10 to save settings and exit the BIOS menu. Then shut the machine off again. Then turn it back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key to try to enter the system recovery screen again. Jack E/NJ
    I did this on my Acer nitro 5 and it’s still not going to the system recovery screen
  • JackE
    Press and hold the ALT+F10 keys while the machine is still off. Then press the power button to turn the machine back on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Rhiannon
    Rhiannon Member Posts: 1 New User
    I’m in having the same problem.
    Tried the alt F10 and nothing happened.
    Tried the F2 and made sure all the settings were right
    I don’t know what else to do!

• JackE
    Sorry, the ALT+F10 method often fails in machines that no longer run the original factory-installed Windows versions. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Yakup
    Yakup Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

I found the solution please activate BIOS Fast Boot
  • Gecc
    Gecc Member Posts: 1 New User
    JackE said:
    Ive read all the comments and none of this is working
    I need my laptop ready and working by tomorrow, and i have literally been working on this for the entire night. Its not getting out of its "Please wait" screen.
  • JackE
    Press and hold power button till machine shuts off. Remove charger. Insert and hold a paperclip into the battery reset pinhole on the bottom of the laptop. While still holding the paperclip, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Then plug the charger back in. Then try the ALT+F10 cold boot reset again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Katterkat
    Katterkat Member Posts: 1 New User
    My computer is also stuck in recovery mode. I have family pictures and Files I do not want to lose. If I do the reset won't I lose all of my personal data?
This discussion has been closed.