Ram won’t fit into slot - nitro 5 AN515-51-55WL

Alexthebox
Alexthebox Member Posts: 6 New User
edited June 2021 in Nitro Gaming
I just got new ram for my acer nitro 5 AN515-51-55WL and the front ram slot doesn’t fit either the integrated or new ram I got, the ram doesn’t get far enough into the slot to be pressed down I’ve attached a picture showing how far the ram can go before getting stopped

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    You could try changing the angle slightly at which you are trying to insert, I would suggest you lift the module because the module looks almost flat in the picture.
  • Alexthebox
    I already tried lifting it at multiple angles, didn’t work
  • Is there any plastic in this slot? Look this:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Alexthebox
    I looked inside and also didn’t see any plastic in the slot
  • Did you check the photos?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Alexthebox
    Yes I checked the photos, I believe it’s a problem with the slot in some way because I’ve installed ram before however this slot is causing problems
  • Have you tried to insert into the second slot?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Alexthebox
    Yes the second slot works, but 16gb sticks are expensive and I’d like to avoid spending that much if possible 
  • Do you have how to test another ram in the first slot?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Alexthebox
    Yes I’ve been using the first slot for about 3 years now
  • Did you buy two viper steel memories?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• NewGoldenPro
    NewGoldenPro Member Posts: 3 New User
    I have the same problem, like there’s a black plastic covering and it for some reason stops the ram from placing inside