Aspire VX5-591G (VX 15) usb-c port: no displayport alternate mode. Can I not use two monitors?

alexmel7
alexmel7 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

Since the usb-c port doesn't support displayport alternate mode, does this mean there is no way for me to connect two external monitors displaying independent content (one in hdmi port, one in usb-c with displayport adaptor)?

Answers

• alexmel7
    alexmel7 Member Posts: 3 New User

Anybody know this answer to this (maybe one of the Acer members)? I'd really like to purchase this laptop, (VX5-591G-75RM) but really need to know if there is a a way to connect two external monitors that will display independent content (not mirror mode). 

• Zayed
    Zayed Member Posts: 1 New User
    My acer aspire vx5 591g is 60hz I want to connect it to my 144hz monitor for I use usb c to display port or usb to display port to get 144Hz
  • Muawwwi
    Muawwwi Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the Aspire VX5-591G and I have a USB C to Displayport wire, but yet I can not connect it to my 144 hz monitor. If you are trying to do this, just know this wont work. When I connect my wire in I get redirected to this page https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4012609/windows-10-fix-usb-c-problems#connectionlimited
  • Dominik92
    Dominik92 Member Posts: 1 New User
    So what is the correct answer?