Aspire A317-51G changing from UEFI to legacy mod

Legly
Legly Member Posts: 10 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi everybody,

I can't enable the legacy mode. I attach pictures from the BIOS menu:

How can I allow legacy mode?

Thanks for your help!

Edited the content to hide sensitive information.
Acer-Samuel

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good evening Legly !

Legacy mode is already out of date and is being removed from current bios.
    Some models are still supported.
    To do this, you must first create the superuser password.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Legly
    MaClane said:
    Good evening Legly !

Legacy mode is already out of date and is being removed from current bios.
    Some models are still supported.
    To do this, you must first create the superuser password.

I created a password and disabled the security boot.
  • The devices are only coming with uefi. Legacy mode is no longer being made available by any manufacturer.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Legly
    The devices are only coming with uefi. Legacy mode is no longer being made available by any manufacturer.
    I understand.

But what can I do if I want a working dual boot system?

Now:
    Windows 10 is located on the SSD.
    There is files on the HDD.

Idea:
    Windows 10 stays on the SSD.

The HDD (due to its size) is separated by about 200 GB. That would be other OS. (Kali Linux or Arch Linux, but I better prefer is Kali Linux.)
    The rest (about 800 GB) would be used by Windows for data storage in the same way.

Thank you for your help!
  • The first thing you should do is to enable safeboot in msconfig on windows and restart your computer. Then, uninstall the intel rapid storage driver and change the sata mode to ahci no bios.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MaClane
    Both Windows and Linux systems can be installed on a Uefi basis perfectly.
    To perform a dual-boot, the 2 must be on the same boot disk for Grub to identify them correctly without requiring further intervention.
    But before, what is your level of knowledge in Linux systems?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Legly
    MaClane said:
    Both Windows and Linux systems can be installed on a Uefi basis perfectly.
    To perform a dual-boot, the 2 must be on the same boot disk for Grub to identify them correctly without requiring further intervention.
    But before, what is your level of knowledge in Linux systems?

I'm at a beginner level, but I'm interesting the cyber security.
  • MaClane
    Beginner level there is no adequate knowledge to work a distro like Kali.
    It requires a lot of advanced knowledge in programming, shell script and terminal commands.
    So I recommend that you use it only in live mode.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Legly
    MaClane said:
    Beginner level there is no adequate knowledge to work a distro like Kali.
    It requires a lot of advanced knowledge in programming, shell script and terminal commands.
    So I recommend that you use it only in live mode.
    I understand. However, it does not start in live mode.
  • You probably did not convert the usb stick to gpt and did not format it in fat32.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer