Acer Switch 10 Bios Secure Boot Option locked. Can't boot USB drive for Installing Windows

Zafrab
Zafrab Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi
My Acer Switch 10 was working fine but when I switched it on after a month of non usage it started in Bitlocker Recovery Loop.
Bios has Password but all options have gone from the Bios.
Bios Secure Boot Option locked so is the device priority. I even can not Load system defaults
Secure Boot is locked and enabled and you can not choose any other boot option except Windows Boot which goes in Bitlocker Recovery Loop.
For fixing this issue I Can't boot USB drive for Installing Windows.
Advanced option are working after the Bitlocer Recovery Wizard like Rest windows but when used it says c drive is locked. System restore says no image found. Command prompt works fine.
Please help
Thanks

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,076 Pathfinder
    @Zafrab
    To boot in USB ,boot in bios 
    1)boot in bios disable secure boot (if option is locked then set supervisor password to unlock)
    2)under boot menu change bios mode from UEFI TO LEGACY 
    3)under main tab enable F12 boot option 

Save and exit 
    Turn off laptop 
    Next time insert usb turn on your laptop keep pressing F12 to boot in USB
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    edited April 2020

Which exact Switch 10 model do you have? Give us a model number. Also, did you use the MS "Create Windows 10 installation media >Download tool now? If so, did you do this installation media USB (that you are using) on your Swift 10? As doing it on any other system e.g. that has an MBR Legacy BIOS will not work, especially if you can’t alter BIOS settings from UEFI to Legacy. Do a new installation USB media on another PC and make sure that the "Use the recommended option for this PC" is unchecked, and download the Win-10 installation ISO file, then format a USB to GPT format > use Ultraiso or a similar program to unpack the ISO file and copy the Win-10 installation files to the GPT USB so you will be able to boot directly to setup and reinstall Win-10 from your USB.

After Win-10 installation is complete, check your BIOS type and version in “System Information” then download either a new BIOS version and/or if you have the latest BIOS? Reflash your existing BIOS, so that you can get all the settings back in BIOS, be careful when you flash your BIOS as "Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution"

• Zafrab

Tinkerer

@Zafrab
    To boot in USB ,boot in bios 
    1)boot in bios disable secure boot (if option is locked then set supervisor password to unlock)
    2)under boot menu change bios mode from UEFI TO LEGACY 
    3)under main tab enable F12 boot option 

Save and exit 
    Turn off laptop 
    Next time insert usb turn on your laptop keep pressing F12 to boot in USB
    I have set the password but still no option to disable secure boot and change
  • Zafrab

Tinkerer

StevenGen said:

Which exact Switch 10 model do you have?

Its Acer Switch 10 Model Aspire SW5-012

StevenGen said:

Which exact Switch 10 model do you have? Give us a model number. Also, did you use the MS "Create Windows 10 installation media >Download tool now? If so, did you do this installation media USB (that you are using) on your Swift 10? As doing it on any other system e.g. that has an MBR Legacy BIOS will not work, especially if you can’t alter BIOS settings from UEFI to Legacy. Do a new installation USB media on another PC and make sure that the "Use the recommended option for this PC" is unchecked, and download the Win-10 installation ISO file, then format a USB to GPT format > use Ultraiso or a similar program to unpack the ISO file and copy the Win-10 installation files to the GPT USB so you will be able to boot directly to setup and reinstall Win-10 from your USB.

After Win-10 installation is complete, check your BIOS type and version in “System Information” then download either a new BIOS version and/or if you have the latest BIOS? Reflash your existing BIOS, so that you can get all the settings back in BIOS, be careful when you flash your BIOS as "Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution"

• GAMING6698
    edited April 2020
    @Zafrab
    Which password you need to set supervisor password from security menu

• Zafrab

Tinkerer

In Bios the option of supervisor password is locked. Only User Password is working. Reset the password and restarted. Still no option to change boot or select booting device or disable secure boot
  • GAMING6698
    @Zafrab
    Okay,ignore this step follow other 
    Bios mode from uefi to legacy
    Then try to boot

• Zafrab

Tinkerer

Thank you so much for helping but there is no way to change Bios setting to legacy mode or change boot device. These options are locked 
  • GAMING6698
    @Zafrab
    Boot in bios then f9 load default settings then check if options unlocked then follow my steps if not then bios is locked for your security visit nearest service centre to repair window 

• Zafrab

Tinkerer

F9 also doesn't do anything in bios neither load defaults is working 
  • GAMING6698
    @Zafrab
    Visit service centre for Window repair 

• Juzi
    Juzi Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi , i faced with the same problem, can you help me , if you succeed to solve the problem 
  • FMPFEFFER
    FMPFEFFER Member Posts: 1 New User
    @Zafrab
    i have the same problem.  Can you help me?