Acer Predator Helios 300 PH-315-51 - Headphone jack not detecting mic. in headphones

DiabolusGX
DiabolusGX Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited September 2019 in Predator Laptops
hello everyone, i recent bought new gaming headphones but as there's only 1 3.5mm jack in my laptop (Acer Predator Helios 300 PH-315-51..).
So when i plug in my headphones windows won't even detect mic. in headphones it uses default mic of laptop, in sound-> recording there's no headphone mic (show disabled devices-checked). Maybe it's due to my headphone jack in laptop works that way. What could be the solution?
I came up with -
1. if I buy 3.5mm splitter would be able to use my mic and headphones at same time but i'm not sure. also, will my sound quality be affected if I do this?
2. Also, can I use TYPE - C to headphone adapter? sill not sure whether it'll work or not, also sound quality??
Thanks in advance for help

Answers

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi DiabolusGX

Please follow the below link to to Fix the Problem:- https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/378760/headset-microphone-is-not-working-on-aspire-e14-help-please

*Hit Accept if it's Helpful*
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • DiabolusGX

Tinkerer

edited September 2019
    TECH_MAN said:
    Hi DiabolusGX

Please follow the below link to to Fix the Problem:- https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/378760/headset-microphone-is-not-working-on-aspire-e14-help-please

*Hit Accept if it's Helpful*
    @TECH_MAN in that solution, at step no 4. there's no such pop up window in new Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    the popup window used to come when i plug in headphones but from past few months it won't come.
    this could fix my problem but, can you please tell me how to enable that window when i plugin my headphones
  • TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi DiabolusGX

If you see your headphones disabled in the device manager list you were talking about, right click and enable them. or you can try,
    Go to Start>Start Button -> type sound in the search -> Choose Sound (under control panel) -> Select the proper playback device as default.
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • In the Realtek HD Audio Manager you will see the word "Analog" on the top right - There is a black circle underneath it.
    Double click (Or right click?) that black circle to bring that menu back up for switching to headset.
    - Hotel Hero
  • DiabolusGX

Tinkerer

TECH_MAN said:
    Hi DiabolusGX

If you see your headphones disabled in the device manager list you were talking about, right click and enable them. or you can try,
    Go to Start>Start Button -> type sound in the search -> Choose Sound (under control panel) -> Select the proper playback device as default.
    i have it right alredy
  • DiabolusGX

Tinkerer

Red-Sand said:
    In the Realtek HD Audio Manager you will see the word "Analog" on the top right - There is a black circle underneath it.
    Double click (Or right click?) that black circle to bring that menu back up for switching to headset.
    i just had to enable a popup window that asks me every time i plugin headset weather it is mic, headphones or headset.
    my default was set to headphones so it wasn't detecting my mic in headset
  • MissMilena
    MissMilena Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited April 2020
    Red-Sand said:
    In the Realtek HD Audio Manager you will see the word "Analog" on the top right - There is a black circle underneath it.
    I have the same issue. But I don't understand why everyone says something about some Realtek HD Audio Manager, when this laptop doesn't even have that. All it has is NVIDIA High Definition Audio and Realtek Audio. No "manager" anywhere. Like in the photo I show you here. 
  • Josh85712
    Josh85712 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I think I'm having the same issue the headphone jack doesn't recognize my mic but it recognizes my headphones.
  • DiabolusGX

Tinkerer

Josh85712 said:
    I think I'm having the same issue the headphone jack doesn't recognize my mic but it recognizes my headphones.
    Check the a accepted answers above^^ worked for me.
    Changing input from headphones to headset will detect your mic.
  • TuanPhamGaming
    TuanPhamGaming Member Posts: 2 New User
    Red-Sand said:
    Where is Realtex HD Audio?
    I don’t even have it on my laptop. Is there a safe and reliable way I can download or obtain it somehow?
  • TuanPhamGaming
    TuanPhamGaming Member Posts: 2 New User
    Red-Sand said:
    I have the same issue. But I don't understand why everyone says something about some Realtek HD Audio Manager, when this laptop doesn't even have that. All it has is NVIDIA High Definition Audio and Realtek Audio. No "manager" anywhere. Like in the photo I show you here. 
    Same
  • sibzsangreal
    sibzsangreal Member Posts: 1 New User
    Josh85712 said:
    same issue. Accepted answer above did not work too. for Those who doesn't have Realtek Audio HD Manager you probably have Realtek Audio Console Instead and it looks like a downgrade. Tried setting the Connector Retasking to all of the available options none worked. 

I have an SteelSeries Arctis 3 Bluetooth 2019, Connected to a four pin to 3.55mm four conductor jack-  Headset works but not the Mic. 

Connection to Bluetooth is another headache. 
  • Boojake026
    Boojake026 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Red-Sand said:
    When I click it does nothing. Nothing will show up
  • sachind714
    sachind714 Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited June 2021
    How to fix "HD Audio Manager" missing issue and "headset microphone not detected issue" on Acer predators series??
    Ans:
    Okey guys just go to
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/0v1sla7wuvq3s6j/RealtekHighDefinitionAudioDrivers6.0.9151.1FF00WHQL.7z/file

Then Unzip it using 7z or another archiver tool.
    Before install it read the below note.
    [Note if you already have the normal Realtek audio then firstly u have to uninstall it totally from the device manager and also delete the entire folder namely 'Realtek' located under program files ]

Now install it and restart your computer.
    Now you can get "HD Audio Manager" in control panel -> Hardware and Sound
    Now open HD audio Manager and then Put your 3.5mm earphones or headphones on the 3.5mm connector.
    After you connect the earphone a popup will appears in which you will be ask to choose the current connected device. Choose "Headset" option and click ok.
    [Note incase popup not appear then u have to set it manually by the black analog button located on the HD Audio Manager Window.
    Just right click it and then click on "Connector Retasking.." then choose Headset and click ok]
    Okey now your earphone mic works properly.
    Cheers..
    [ I am using Predator Triton 300 and I have personally test this Realtek version its work flawlessly and guys it's safe]

• Nightmare321
    Nightmare321 Member Posts: 1 New User

Go to Realtek audio console and then go into the microphone array section, then there is an option of advance settings, go through it and then there will be a drop down list from that list select headset instead of headphones, this worked for me and the laptop started detecting my headphone mix.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,052 Trailblazer

I had that issue with my Aspire5 a515-54G, Windows would not detect my headset when I plugged in the 3.5mm audio jack, tried another headset with a different 3.5mm plug (more rings) and I was then prompted "What are you inserting" with a choice. You have to repeat that in the RTK Audio console.